|Organisation Name||Islamic Relief|
|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
- Providing emergency relief and disaster preparedness in over 40 countries
- Sydney-based; critical role managing a small communications and marketing team
- Member of the International Marketing Group for largest Muslim NGO worldwide
Islamic Relief is an international relief and development organisation alleviating poverty and suffering regardless of race, political affiliation, gender or belief. Established in the UK in 1984 by doctors and activists, Islamic Relief is well-known as an effective and highly respected international NGO. Islamic Relief Australia is a member of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) and adheres to the ACFID Code of Conduct which defines minimum standards of governance, management and accountability of development for NGOs.
Benefits & Culture
- Salary packaging
- Coaching and mentoring provided
- Membership of the International Marketing Group
- Supportive and vibrant team culture
This role is primarily responsible for the development of the brand through high-quality and well managed communications, ensuring that all campaigns build trust amongst stakeholders. The position contributes to the delivery of best-practice and innovative strategies, and works to ensure they complement organisational objectives and meet compliance standards.
Your responsibilities additionally include:
- Providing best practice strategic advice on media and communications policies
- Overseeing production and distribution of all marketing and communications collateral
- Managing the brand across the Islamic Relief network, community, and corporate partners
- Leading your team to drive performance and output
- Collaborating on budget management and providing timely and accurate reporting
To excel in this role you will be a skilled copywriter and editor with tertiary qualifications in communications, marketing, journalism, or a related field, plus team management experience. You will have at least 4 years’ experience in a similar role and you have demonstrated experience, knowledge of, or a strong interest in, Islamic studies.
Additionally you offer:
- Exceptional English written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to produce effective communications and “calls to action” that meet KPIs
- Proven networking skills building and managing diverse, cross cultural relationships
- Accurate and timely analytical and reporting abilities; time management and organisational skills
- Competence in relevant software (Adobe, WordPress, Google Analytics, AdWords, Mailchimp)
- Alignment with, and respect for, Islamic Relief’s values, culture, staff and stakeholders
- Additional relevant languages will be highly regarded
If you’d like to contribute to the alleviation of poverty and suffering around the world regardless of colour, race or religion, and you’re able to work within the ethos of Islamic Relief’s vision and mission, please apply addressing the above skills and experience required, submitting your cover letter and resume quoting reference #704709, or call Lois Freeke in confidence on: +61 (0) 2 8243 0570.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.