|Organisation Name||Connecting Home|
- Victorian agency supporting survivors of the Stolen Generations
- Management role leading, building and developing culturally sensitive programs
- 4 year contract; 0.8 part-time; Epping location
Connecting Home is a Victorian based agency specifically supporting survivors of the Stolen Generations across South Eastern Australia. The support provided encompasses the holistic needs of the Stolen Generations and their family, including disability services, that is self-determined with regards to what goals they seek to achieve.
Connecting Home is dedicated to supporting some of the most vulnerable people of the community who have been traumatised and impacted by being forcibly removed from their families and provides the tools and resources combined with the important role of walking with the survivor on their healing journey.
Benefits & Culture
- Competitive salary and generous salary packaging
- Flexible work practices and family friendly workplace
- Collaborative, inclusive, engaged and positive team environment
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this leadership position is responsible for operational program management and delivery of services. You will also drive strategic operational priorities for the organisation to support growth and quality of the programs being delivered.
You will do this by:
- Reviewing and improving existing program frameworks and evaluation of delivery of services
- Developing and implementing new program initiatives
- Managing NDIS program audits including operationalising policies and procedures to ensure compliance
- Leading, coaching and development of staff
- Contributing to the development of the strategic plan with a focus on programmatic delivery
- Managing key relationships with a variety of stakeholders
You are a passionate people leader who understands the issues and needs of Indigenous people who have been removed from their families, community and culture and are currently working in a similar role ideally within community services or a health driven organisation.
Importantly you can demonstrate:
- Success in program design, implementation, evaluation and compliance
- People leadership skills with an interest in creating positive collaboration and offering direction, monitoring and supporting performance
- Expert stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to build and develop strong relationships within government and Aboriginal organisations and communities
- Qualifications in Social Work, Community Services, Psychology or Counselling (highly desirable)
- Hold a current Victorian drivers licence
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are strongly encouraged to apply.
Be instrumental in providing quality services that supports the survivors of the Stolen Generations across South Eastern Australia. Apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required. Alternatively, please call Emma Naglieri on 02 8243 0570 for a further discussion.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.