Chief Executive Officer
|Organisation Name||Community Options Australia (COA)|
|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
- Chart the next transformation of this unique community care organisation
- Create significant social impact by enabling individuals to live independently
- Would suit a values-based leader from commercial, government or NFP sectors
Community Options Australia (COA) is a leading community provider and influencer, proactively anticipating and responding to the challenges of the rapidly changing care sector. Transitioning from a peak body model COA has established itself as the primary relationship and process manager with its 40+ direct service delivery network organisations reaching 22,000 consumers nationally.
As the lead contractor and budget holder for State and Federal Government programs including Regional Assessment Services (RAS), Continuity of Support (CoS) and the NSW Health ComPacks program, COA now manages subcontractor relationships enabling a significantly increased social impact.
With the success of this distinctive service offering, COA has a seat at the table of State and Federal governments, and is a significant influencer and conduit on behalf of its network who shares the common goal of better community outcomes.
Under the direction of the board, COA has developed a reputation for excellence in specialised contract management, case management and assessment, and service coordination. Driven by the innovative use of technology, data insights and collaboration, COA’s unique model creates economies of scale, flexibility, person centred approaches and a community of best practice.
Benefits & Culture
- Customer-driven community care sector
- Innovative hub and spoke business model
- Flexible, proven organisation embarking on next chapter
- Commercially astute enterprise with not-for-profit values
- Dynamic, passionate, diverse and capable team at staff and board level
- Artarmon, NSW location
- Flexible remuneration package
Supported by an engaged and diverse board of directors, you will have a growth and sector influencer mandate and responsibility for steering the organisation through its next stage of growth and development, while continuing to progress the current breadth and quality of programs, services and partnerships.
The key areas of responsibility will be:
- Ensuring strong and long-term financial performance, growth and impact with existing programs and revenue diversification
- Providing vision, inspiration, leadership and prioritisation for staff and stakeholders and fostering a positive and empowering culture
- Developing a compelling and actionable organisation and sector voice driven by consumer and stakeholder insights
- Collaborating with federal and state agencies and demonstrating sector leadership
- Ensuring the high quality and compliance of service and program delivery, maintaining ISO accreditation and enhancing a culture of continuous improvement
You have developed your executive career in the corporate, NFP or government sectors, ideally in health or human services. You are a results oriented, agile and inspiring cross functional senior leader whose leadership, commercial acumen and operational skills are at the core of your success in delivering organisational growth and influence.
Overall, you have:
- An understanding of community health, aged care and person-centered care with exposure to clinical governance
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading a cross-functional team and changing culture
- Proven track record of financial and risk oversight, establishment of management disciplines and revenue diversification
- Negotiation and management of government and non-government funding
- Built an innovative business driven by technology and collaboration
- Passionate advocacy skills at local, state and national level
- Demonstrated experience and comfort with boards and sub committees
If you’re a values based leader and want to build on the growth trajectory of this dynamic community based organisation, please click apply and submit a cover letter responding to the skills required section above, together with your CV. Alternatively, contact Richard Green on 02 8243 0570 with any specific questions.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.