Major Gifts Lead
|Organisation Name||BirdLife Australia (BirdLife)|
|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
- Join the bushfire response helping Australia's native birds & their habitats
- Raise significant philanthropic donations from existing and new donors
- Flexible working; professional training & development and great location
BirdLife Australia (BirdLife) is a national bird conservation charity with an ambitious mission to put birds and nature on the path to recovery within a decade. With one unified voice for bird conservation in Australia BirdLife works nationally to develop advocacy and research initiatives and partnerships that achieve outstanding conservation results for our native birds and their habitats. -
BirdLife's achievements are derived from combining the skills, enthusiasm and commitment of its 175,000 donors, volunteers and supporters.
Reporting to the Development Manager you will be responsible for raising philanthropic income from major donors and trusts and foundations. You will do this through:
- Developing and implementing the strategy for the major donor program
- Leading and coordinating the relationship management of current major donors
- Nurturing relationships and drive major gift cultivation and solicitation, making “asks”
- Implementing and maintaining personalised stewardship plans for major donors
- Promoting a philanthropic culture and program across the organisation
- Working with the CEO, board members and leadership team to ensure they are engaged with donors
You have a record of accomplishment in major donor, bequest or corporate relations. You have exceptional communication and influencing skills with a personable approach to engage and build relationships. You can also demonstrate:
- Deep understanding of best practice major gift or business development strategies, target setting and making significant asks
- Ability to absorb and synthesize complex information that you can communicate credibly to donors
- Use of effective soliciting and stewardship tools mapping the donor or customer journey
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Expert planning and organisational skills with the ability to multitask, meet deadlines and achieve goals
To contribute to conserving and enhancing the future of Australia’s birds and their habitats apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter address the key skills. Alternatively, please call Emma Naglieri on 03 8080 8077 for a further discussion.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.