Director of Philanthropy
|Organisation Name||The Heart Foundation|
|Location||Sydney or Melbourne|
|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
- Heart disease is the number one killer of Australians
- Lead a national team to inspire high net worth donors, trusts and foundations
- Attractive salary plus packaging, Sydney or Melbourne location
Each day, on average, 20 Australians die from a heart attack and heart disease remains Australia’s biggest killer. For 60 years the Heart Foundation has being helping improve heart health across the nation.
The Heart Foundation funds life-saving, world-class cardiovascular research and works to improve disease prevention and care for all Australians. They guide health professionals on prevention and treatment, educate the community about healthy choices and support people living with heart conditions. The Foundation also leads advocacy to government and industry to improve heart health in Australia.
This is a national role, reporting to the Chief Development Officer. You will lead the development of the Heart Foundation’s major gifts and mid-level donor functions, and implement the philanthropy strategy and annual business plans to grow revenue.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading a team of up to seven philanthropy professionals
- Managing a portfolio of major gift prospects/donors and moves management plans
- Implementing new prospect research methodology
- Identifying specific areas of interest for prospective donors to support
- Developing strategies for senior staff and board members to engage in major gifts activities
As a self-driven philanthropy professional, you can demonstrate success in having personally developed major donor relationships, or a sales portfolio to deliver significant revenue. You understand current fundraising trends, techniques and challenges, and bring highly developed communication, influencing and relationship building skills.
You can also demonstrate:
- Experience managing successful teams
- A history of success in leading teams, bringing with you an inspirational and collaborative leadership style
- Success in the development, implementation, and evaluation of a philanthropy strategy
- High level interpersonal skills including the ability to influence, build and maintain relationships
- Knowledge of Australia’s high net worth individuals, families, and philanthropists including trusts and foundations
- Solid data analysis skills with the ability to research, profile, and qualify major gifts prospects
If you want to help reduce the impact of Australia’s biggest killer, please submit your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required section above. Alternatively, please call Lisa Morell on 02 8243 0570 if you have specific questions.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.