Ageing and Aged Care Coordinator - Silver Rainbow Program
|Organisation Name||National LGBTI Health Alliance|
|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
- Peak organisation providing health programs and research for LGBTI communities
- Would suit candidates with an aged care, advocacy and L&D background
- Based in Pyrmont, two year contract
The National LGBTI Health Alliance is the peak body representing a range of organisations and individuals that work to improve the health and wellbeing of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and other sexuality, sex and gender diverse people (LGBTI).
The Alliance’s mission is to provide a national focus to improve health outcomes for LGBTI people through policy, advocacy, representation, research evidence and capacity building.
The Alliance currently has 100 members across Australia, including 70 organisations representing the vast majority of the LGBTI health and community services sector, in addition to key researchers, health practitioners and individual consumers and carers.
The Programs Coordination and Capacity Building team is responsible for the oversight and delivery of the funded programs across the Alliance and to ensure projects, programs and initiatives are delivered to the highest standards and are informed by current research and best practice.
In this role you will report to the Project Coordination and Capacity Building Manager and will have one direct report. You will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of training and capacity building components of the Ageing and Aged Care program.
You will additionally represent the Alliance at forums and conferences, strengthen relationships with aged care providers, contribute to public policy and collaborate with government and aged care peak bodies to effectively support the older LBGTI+ community.
You have a strong understanding of the needs and rights of LGBTI+ and aged communities, excellent administrative and organisation skills and are an innovative thinker and problem solver.
Specifically you will also:
- Have two plus years’ management experience from the aged care sector
- Demonstrated experience in growing, designing and delivering training and education programs (preferably in the aged care sector)
- Experience with Co-design
- Budget management and project management experience
- In depth knowledge of the Aged Care Quality Standards, Charter of Aged Care Rights and the Aged Care Diversity Framework
- Strong relationship building, stakeholder engagement and advocacy skills
- Understanding of the LGBTI+ health and government sectors
- Leadership skills
If working in the LGBTI+ community via a highly effective peak body is a career and personal goal, please submit your expression of interest EOI (resume and cover letter responding to the skills required section above) with any further questions you may have or contact Kelly Gentle on 0409 030 595 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.