National Programs Manager
|Organisation Name||The Humour Foundation|
|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
- Join a creative for purpose organisation promoting the health benefits of humour
- Management role leading diverse humour therapy programs for children and adults
- Would suit candidates from health, aged care, children's services or arts sector
The Humour Foundation is a unique organisation that truly believes laughter is the best medicine. Working closely with medical professionals and engaging 70 performers, the Foundation delivers up to 2000 clown rounds annually, engaging with sick children in 24 hospitals across Australia, as well as 700 Elder Clown rounds for residents with dementia and / or experiencing social isolation in aged care facilities.
The Foundation’s work is based on research that shows the physiological and psychological benefits of laughter to health and well-being.
Through their main programs, Clown Doctors, Elder Clowns, Laughter Boss, Laughter Care and Laughter Works, the Foundation reaches over 245,000 vulnerable children and adults.
Benefits & Culture
- Work with creative and passionate colleagues who are committed to the well-being of program beneficiaries
- Company vehicle provided and available 7 days per week
- Competitive salary + superannuation + salary packaging
- Additional leave provided during the period between Christmas and the New Year
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this leadership position is responsible for program management and delivery of services. You will manage a geographically disperse team of co-ordinators and an administrator, providing services to the host hospitals and aged care facilities.
With 5 direct reports, the successful candidate will have strong management experience, whilst working towards strategic objectives and budgets. A proactive approach to business development will ensure the continued growth and success of the programs. Other duties include:-
- Overall responsibility for the operational management and delivery of Clown Doctors and Elder Clowns programs
- Develop and maintain budgets, operational policy and procedures and provide leadership to team members nationally
- Review current programs and provide strategic advice and guidance to the organisation
- Work closely with the fundraising, finance, marketing and artistic teams to foster a culture of cooperation, to achieve organisational aims
Experience and knowledge of working in a community or health driven organisation in the arts, a NFP or within aged care. Overall you have the ability to:-
- Provide leadership to the team, including offering direction, monitoring and supporting performance
- Manage service agreements and contracts, plus have an understanding of compliance, governance, HR and operational issues
- Identify, research and recommend new programs and services within operational and strategic plans
- Build and nurture professional relationships across hospitals, aged care facilities and with other stakeholders
- Hold a current (or willing to get) Working with Children Check and Police Check
If you are a natural relationship builder and experienced program manager, please click apply and submit a cover letter responding to the skills required, together with your CV. Alternatively, contact Debbie Jardine on 02 8243 0570 to discuss your interest.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.