National Counselling and Referral Service Program Manager
|Organisation Name||Blue Knot Foundation|
|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
- Combine your clinical and leadership experience
- Lead the clinical counselling team supporting the Disability Royal Commission
- North Sydney Location
Blue Knot Foundation’s core mission is to support the recovery of adult survivors of complex trauma. The foundation offer a range of important services including the Blue Knot Helpline, Trauma Informed Case Management to support applicants applying for the National Redress Scheme, National Counselling and Referral Service (NCRS) supporting the Disability Royal Commission, educational workshops, professional development training, supervision, consultancy and other services.
Blue Knot Foundation is committed to enabling people affected by complex trauma to live satisfying and meaningful lives, and to feel connected with their communities.
Benefits & Culture
- Passionate and collaborative team culture
- Commitment to continuous learning and development
- Generous salary packaging provisions
Reporting to the President, this position manages the day-to-day activities of a National Counselling and Referral Service (NCRS) leadership team and delivery of best practice program. Provided by Blue Knot Foundation, the NCRS supports those impacted by the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability as well as those who support them.
In this role you are responsible for the management of the NCRS, leading team recruitment, clinical leadership and supervision, continuous quality improvement, performance management activities, external stakeholder liaison and consultation, and sharing responsibility for support, induction, debriefing, ongoing training and professional development of counselling team members.
Additionally you will:
- Plan effective initiatives to support team members by identifying and addressing any potential for vicarious trauma
- Formulate recommendations for quality improvement, the development and refinement of policies, protocols and practices
- Ensure accurate data collection and reporting to meet KPIs on all aspects of the NCRS
- Embrace the values of the Blue Knot Foundation
- Attend to self-care by attending professional development and regular supervision
You genuinely have a desire to support individuals, their families and carers who have experienced complex trauma and who are living with disability possess the following:
- Post Graduate studies in psychology, social work or counselling (or other relevant field)
- 10-20 years’ counselling practice experience, preferable including phone (or relevant), with experience in supervising/leading counselling team
- Strong stakeholder engagement, leadership and management skills with experience in leading and managing a program/service to successfully achieve performance and organisational objectives and funding KPIs
- A demonstrated understanding of appropriate counselling/practice frameworks, skills and knowledge in supporting people with disability, their families and carers from diverse backgrounds
- The ability to manage professional services via telephone and online modalities
People with disabilities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are a people leader who possess the qualifications, experience and expertise to manage this important service and team, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required quoting # 407313. If you have questions about this opportunity please include them in your cover letter and we will respond to you. If you have specific questions please call Kelly Gentle on 02 8243 0570.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.