|Organisation Name||Lort Smith Animal Hospital|
|Date Posted||May 25, 2018|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
|Residency||You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role.|
- Australia’s largest NFP animal hospital caring for more than 25, 000 animals each year since 1936
- Be part of a $20M capital campaign that will develop a new site and redevelop North Melbourne’s site
- Raise the hospital’s philanthropic profile and develop the major donor and bequest programs
Founded in 1936 Lort Smith is Australia’s largest and busiest not-for-profit animal hospital. They provide high-quality veterinary care and provide shelter, fostering and adoption services for surrendered animals. They also provide community programs including Pet Therapy and Emergency Welfare Assistance for people in crisis. Lort Smith is a truly independent organisation receiving no government funding. They rely on their dedicated supporters and volunteers who donate income and time to sustain their important work.
This is an exciting, newly created role that will raise the philanthropic profile of the organisation. Working closely with the Head of Fundraising and Communications you will help support an ambitious $20M capital campaign as well as play a lead role in developing the major donor and bequest programs.
Specifically you will;
- Develop, execute and evaluate fundraising strategies for major donors, bequests and trusts and foundations that synergise with the capital campaign objectives.
- Manage Lort Smith’s major giving program, The Guardian Circle. This will include prospecting, managing relationships and making asks that fund specific projects or items.
- Identify new bequest prospects, manage relationships with confirmed bequestors and build a strong pipeline for the Pet Legacy Program. Manage and support the Bequest Administrator.
- Collaborate with organisational stakeholders including fundraising committees, consultants internal staff and your team to support the success of the capital campaign.
This role would suit an experienced Philanthropy or Major Donor Manager who has successfully developed a portfolio of major donors and made asks that have raised significant income. You will be a true “people person” with exemplary communication skills, able to network within the philanthropic community and develop relationships that result in mutual business outcomes.
This role requires maturity and the ability to; work both strategically and hands on, liaise with high level stakeholders, provide leadership and work collaboratively with the team.
Develop the major donor and bequest program for Australia’s largest NFP animal hospital. Call Emma Adams on 03 83194 090 or please click apply, and submit a cover letter and resume in MS Word format, quoting reference #34310.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.