Campaigns and Communications Adviser
|Organisation Name||NGO Recruitment|
|Job Type||Contract or Temp|
- Support a social justice not-for-profit organisation
- 4-month contract - end of April start!
- Opportunity to position yourself for the permanent role
Leading not-for-profit organisation based in Melbourne advocating for equality and social justice.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will help deliver integrated communications activities to build awareness through public relations and social media, also contributing to online and print publications and internal correspondence.
The successful candidate will work alongside a passionate and collaborative team and undertake the following responsibilities:
- Developing and monitoring media and communication strategies
- Writing quality content for a variety of platforms e.g. website and twitter
- Identifying media opportunities and responding to enquiries from journalists
- Drafting and distributing of press releases and speeches
- Writing and preparing campaign material for publication and broadcast
- Building an online presence via social media to engage members.
You will have a background in communications, ideally in a not-for-profit. Additionally, you will be a powerful storyteller and will have strong copywriting skills across a range of channels. You are an excellent coordinator and can manage multiple projects at one time and have the ability to develop a meaningful dialogue with supporters and external stakeholders, through creative communication campaigns.
This position will suit a candidate who is passionate about matters relating to social justice.
If you are available to start in late April for a four-month period, please click apply to submit your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required in MS Word format. Alternatively please call Natalie Brooker on (03) 8319 4050 to discuss.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.