|Organisation Name||Australian Education Union|
|Date Posted||July 24, 2017|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
|Residency||You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role.|
- Leading union voice for quality public education
- Drive campaign activities through qualitative research
- Would suit candidates with industry or academic backgrounds
The Australian Education Union (AEU) is the federal union for teachers, principals, support staff and all educators working in public education.
The AEU is proud to represent workers who have one of the most important jobs in the country. With over 185,000 members nationally, the AEU provides support both industrially and professionally and advocates for quality public education for all Australians.
As the Strategic Research Lead, your role is to monitor and analyse all issues and information related to education including political statements, media releases, monitoring of parliamentary processes and freedom of information requests. This research is vital in supporting and setting the strategic direction of campaigns for the AEU.
Key responsibilities of the role will include;
- Analysing policy and conducting research to assist in writing responses, submissions and reports
- Conducting research and analysis into international research for AEU campaigns
- Gathering issues based qualitative research whilst reviewing and analysing externally produced reports
To be successful for this position, you will have experience in engaging and conducting high level research, analysing issues and providing strategic solutions specifically for the purposes of advocacy, social change, campaigning or academia.
You will have a high level of written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team and autonomously. You will also have the expertise in data collection and analysis and the development of resources.
With your exceptional organisational skills, you can confidently complete tasks unsupervised, manage competing priorities and adhere to deadlines. Candidates with demonstrated knowledge of governmental policy and public education will be highly regarded.
Relevant tertiary qualifications are essential.
If conducting research to enhance quality public education outcomes for Australians appeals to you then please click apply, submitting your resume and cover letter in MS word format, quoting reference #33798. For more information please contact Emma Naglieri on 03 8319 4080.
To apply for this position please complete the form below and
attach relevant documents.
All fields marked * are required fields.
- General Manager - Fundraising, Marketing & Community Relations posted 8 days ago.
- Manager Sustainable Communities posted 16 days ago.
- Policy Officer posted 3 months ago.