|Location||NSW North Coast, Australia|
|Date Posted||January 20, 2017|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
Does any of the following sound like you?
- You believe in social justice.
- You want to make a genuinely positive difference in the lives of people.
- You want to feel part of a team that has shared values and goals.
- You want the space to grow as a leader.
- You want a strong work/home life balance and to live somewhere beautiful.
What Drives Us?
CRANES is an agile, progressive and entrepreneurial individual and community services based organisation working with people from all walks of life with all kinds of abilities. Our work focuses on human rights, support with daily life, social connections, accommodation, finding adventure and above all meeting the expectations of our customers to promote quality life choices. The things that drive us are:
- We focus on people and respect difference.
- We strive to be a group of people in The Clarence Valley who will never tire of supporting the human rights of life.
- We do not shape our offerings based on the customer’s funding, but on their stated goals. Our customers are our commissioners!
- We do not use divisive language like disability or aged care, we talk simply of people.
- In terms of our colleagues, we want to create a piece of the world where people love to come to work and their unique worth is recognised and valued. We invest in our greatest resource – our people.
- We are not experts in the field of social support but we are experts at learning and listening and tailoring our services to customer needs.
- We want to be the very best at what we do.
If what drives us drives you, then read on…
We are looking to recruit a Manager to ensure the development of an alternative accommodation model within our Abilities & Over 65s division throughout the Clarence Valley. CRANES’ Shared Lives project is based on the UK model of the same name where people with varying support needs live as a member of a “host family”. The host family are vetted, supported and coordinated (including learning and development) in terms of delivering actualised levels of support. The environment is flexible, customer driven, and based around people feeling part of a home, in other words having a ‘shared life’. Your role is to ensure that the development of CRANE’S Shared Lives alternative accommodation model is developed, promoted, funded and implemented effectively.
The skills we are looking for include:
Apart from Certificate IV in Community Services or equivalent relevant qualification you will have the following;
- Experience within the community sector
- Familiarity with customer assessment and planning in human services or allied health
- Significant project management experience involving the implementation of a new service including financial modelling, planning, promotion and risk assessment
- Ability to present information clearly including to government, funding bodies and local authorities; host families and customers and other stakeholders
- Staff management including learning and development, and managing and rostering staff to ensure customers are supported
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Word and Excel applications and CRM databases
- Knowledge of current legislative requirements governing the community services sector
- A high level of interpersonal skills with the ability to establish rapport
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
The successful candidate will also need a driver’s licence, a working with children check and willingness to under go criminal background checks.
If this opportunity lights a fire in you…… we’d love to hear from you.
Please click apply, submitting your cover letter responding to the skills required above and resume in MS Word format, quoting reference #33533 or to discuss please call Winnie Chau on 02 8243 0570