|Organisation Name||Eastern Community Legal Centre (ECLC)|
|Date Posted||August 7, 2017|
|Residency||You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role.|
Join ECLC as the Senior Community Lawyer in the outer east legal team.
- Senior role within a growing team
- Ongoing role, FT or 0.8
- Mainly based from Boronia
Eastern Community Legal (ECLC) has been working with individuals and communities for over 40 years to resolve legal problems and improve laws and legal processes.
ECLC ensure legal assistance is available to those in the community experiencing disadvantage who would otherwise not have access to a lawyer whilst prioritising services and targeting programs to the most vulnerable people in the Eastern region of Melbourne.
As a key member of the legal team you will provide direct legal services to centre clients. Utilising your considerable experience in diverse areas of law, you will engage with the community through a combination of direct legal, community legal education and development projects.
You will work closely with the Managing Lawyer to provide leadership, mentoring and support to the legal services team in the delivery of high quality legal services to disadvantaged members of the community in the Outer East/Yarra Ranges.
Specifically you will have;
- Senior level legal experience in a broad range of areas, particularly family law and generalist legal advice
- The capacity to engage in supportive and constructive mentoring
- An awareness of the relationship between casework and community development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An interest in and connection to the community legal sector
If you want to work with a progressive and growing community legal centre providing vital legal services to Melbourne East’s most vulnerable people, please click apply, submitting your cover letter and resume in MS Word format, quoting reference #33823 or call Emma Adams for more information on 03 83194090.
To apply for this position please complete the form below and
attach relevant documents.
All fields marked * are required fields.
- Managing Lawyer posted 11 days ago.