|Organisation Name||The Aurora Project|
|Date Posted||January 20, 2017|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
- National internship program focusing on the Indigenous sector
- Crucial role providing organisational support especially in Excel
- Alexandria location - Sydney
Since 2004 the Aurora Internship Program (the Program) has arranged over 2,000 placements nationally at over 130 Host organisations working in the native title and broader Indigenous sector, including Indigenous organisations, government bodies and community groups based in our capital cities through to regional and remote locations.
The Program provides much needed assistance to under resourced Hosts as well as career opportunities for Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and non-Indigenous students and graduates.
Reporting to and working closely with the Program Manager you will meet quality assurance and service standards by providing substantial and critical administrative and operational support for all aspects of the Program. Success in this role will be measured by:
- Efficiency of administrative processes
- Currency and accuracy of program records
- Feedback from interns, alumni and stakeholders
Responsibilities and key activities include:
- Promotion (which may include attendance at Career Fairs), selection and placement process
- Consolidate and analyse feedback from interns and supervisors for reporting
- Update & maintain extensive alumni database to inform reporting, funding applications and evaluation
You have excellent administration and organisational skills with a keen interest in social justice. Essentially you have:
- Demonstrated capability of working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables), Word and Outlook
- Database management and reporting skills
- Experience in maintaining website content and using social media
- Exceptional attention to detail when managing data
- Strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to deal with a range of stakeholders
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Cultural competence
Applicants of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Please click apply, submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required above, in MS Word format, quoting #33558 or call Richard Green or Ciara Cunningham on 02 8243 0570 to discuss your interest.