|Organisation Name||The Vizard Foundation|
|Date Posted||December 21, 2017|
|Residency||You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role.|
- Manage a house providing affordable and caring accommodation for people supporting hospital patients
- Suited to a practical, empathetic manager experienced in residential care, hospitality or allied health
- East Melbourne location; generous remuneration and benefits including live in accommodation
For over 20 years, Vizard Foundation House has been providing temporary residential accommodation for family and friends visiting loved ones who are receiving treatment in Melbourne based hospitals.
Vizard House is a “home away from home” supporting more than four thousand people each year during times of emotional and financial stress with affordable and caring accommodation.
Reporting to a board as Resident Manager, you will be responsible for all operations of Vizard House ensuring that comfortable, caring and supportive accommodation is provided to guests. You will also play a lead role in managing relationships with hospital social work departments and other stakeholders to promote strong awareness of Vizard House and ensure that a high occupancy rate is maintained.
Responsibilities will include:
- Greeting guests, checking them in and out of their accommodation
- Providing advice to guests on matters such as local transport and other services
- Liaising with hospital social work departments regarding room availability & guest bookings
- Rostering and oversight of relieving staff
- Daily record keeping, monthly Board reporting and payment of accounts via MYOB
- Maintaining House facilities including liaison with providers and suppliers
- Regular cleaning of and organisation of house facilities
To be successful in this role, you will have ideally worked in a busy, day to day management role in residential care, hospitality or allied health that required you to be extremely organised and responsible.
You will have a natural ability to engage and empathise with a variety of people experiencing emotional distress in a professional manner where it is important to establish boundaries and exercise good judgement. You will also be able to liaise effectively with social workers, hospital staff and government departments fostering positive relationships.
You will be comfortable working independently, but will be closely supported by a small board of directors to whom you will report monthly.
In return, you will receive a generous remuneration package in addition to the following:
- Live-in accommodation
- Coverage of utilities including internet access and telephone costs
- Parking for one car
If you are a highly organised person who is genuinely empathetic and committed to ensuring that guests have a safe, ‘home away from home’ experience, then please click on Apply Online, submitting your resume and covering letter (in MS Word format), quoting reference #34067 or phone Emma Naglieri or Emma Adams on 03 8319 4080 for further information.