|Organisation Name||Hume Community Housing|
|Date Posted||April 24, 2017|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
- Specialist disability accommodation and respite services
- 6 or 12 month contract with possibility of extension – Parramatta based
- Would suit a FACS or ADHC secondment opportunity
Hume Community Housing is a nationally accredited Tier 1 community housing provider and manages and/or owns 1,800 social housing properties. Hume provides tenancy management, property management and support services directly and collaboratively with key stakeholders to facilitate sustainable housing solutions and enhanced positive social and community outcomes.
Hume develops properties both independently and in partnership with the private sector, developers and financial institutions. Supported by a skilled board with robust governance structures, Hume is investing in an ambitious growth strategy to deliver further quality housing and services to those in need across metro Sydney.
Very recently Hume has been selected with its partnership agency Northcott by FACS (NSW Department of Family and Community Services) to run the Specialist Disability Accommodation and Respite Services in South Western Sydney, Western Sydney and the Murrumbidgee.
Benefits and Culture
Hume is a great place to work and offers above award salaries, 35 hour working week, long service leave after 5 years, flexible working arrangements, salary packaging, professional development and career opportunities - the list goes on!
In this role you will establish a transition plan for 119 group homes into the existing Hume property portfolio responsible for tenancy and property management and a level of customer engagement. The plan will go live on the 1st November 2017 and develop a 5 year operational plan for the disability accommodation services associated with the Northcott Partnership.
The key deliverables will be:
- The transition plan endorsed by the executive and board covering all program elements
- The Northcott and Hume partnership agreement endorsed
- Property Lease agreements between Hume and ADCH endorsed
- Quality Services Framework
- In-house training and information sessions to upskill team members and contractors
You have project management experience ideally in disability accommodation services and/or experience working with vulnerable customers, advocates and families. You’re able to demonstrate an understanding of the NDIS with a particular focus on models, fees and payments. Overall you have;
- Track record of establishing new teams, KPI’s and outcome reporting frameworks
- Ability to self-motivate and engage with others to deliver milestones and quality outcomes
- Ability to develop comprehensive reports that gain endorsement from key stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively with other professionals, peers, internal and external partners
- Project management degree or relevant experience in completion of operational projects
- Tertiary qualifications in health services, social work or disability services
If you are passionate about facilitating sustainable housing solutions and your values align to this award winning housing provider, please click apply, submitting your resume and a covering letter addressing the skills required in MS Word format, quoting reference #33684. To discuss your interest please call Richard Green or Ruth Connelly on 02 8243 0570.