|Organisation Name||Wentworth Community Housing|
|Date Posted||August 1, 2017|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
- Newly created role focusing on innovative housing solutions
- A leading housing agency wanting to end chronic homelessness
- Head office role based in Penrith
Wentworth is a registered community housing provider of rental accommodation and support services for people with limited access to mainstream housing, within the Penrith, Hawksesbury, Blue Mountains, Blacktown and the Hills Shire local government areas. Wentworth is dedicated to quality service delivery, governance and financial management and its achievements have been recognised nationally for excellence.
Wentworth provides services including community housing, affordable housing and assistance with renting privately. It also offers information and referrals to help tenants access the services and support they need.
Wentworth is also a lead agency for Specialist Homelessness Services and provides a range of programs to prevent homelessness, provide transitional housing for people who are homeless and support to find a permanent home.
Reporting into the Divisional Manager Community Services, this strategic position requires a proactive approach to optimise community resources to end homelessness. You will drive all aspects of the ‘Heading Home’ project, which is changing the story on homelessness by generating innovative housing solutions. This will be achieved by bringing together community leaders and influencers across the private and community housing sectors, government, local business and community sectors to respond to homelessness.
Specifically you will also:
- Focus on innovative and nimble housing solutions, including generating a Tiny Homes pilot project
- Hold an expo to promote detached garden flats to home owners
- Create shared value propositions for the private, community and government sectors
- Identify resources and create opportunities through use of local networks and assets
- Manage and extend cross agency collaboration
- Assist with developing cases to secure land and funding
- Manage the project plans for project activities
- Engage senior community stakeholders and prepare submissions
You have a significant track record in generating partnerships which deliver the required outcomes. Your experience in either homelessness or human services will highlight your commitment to social inclusion. As a seasoned project manager, your skills will also include:
- Proven ability to engage and develop joint partner services
- Knowledge and understanding of homelessness sector
- Ability to influence via consultation, advocacy, project planning and documentation
- Creation of project related documents including status updates, reports, budgets, promotional material and discussion papers
- Develop relationships and networks with cross sector stakeholders
- Tertiary qualifications in human services are essential and project management accreditations are preferable
If you are excited to be of this project generating innovative housing solutions, please contact Debbie Jardine or Richard Green on 02 8243 0570 or please click apply, submitting a cover letter responding to the skills required above and a resume in MS Word format, quoting reference #33828.
To apply for this position please complete the form below and
attach relevant documents.
All fields marked * are required fields.
- new Database Specialist – Raiser’s Edge posted about 3 hours ago.
- new Digital Marketing Manager posted about 3 hours ago.
- General Manager - Fundraising, Marketing & Community Relations posted 8 days ago.
- State Manager – South Australia & Northern Territory posted 8 days ago.
- Youth Mental Health Senior Contract & Project Manager posted 9 days ago.