|Organisation Name||Continence Foundation of Australia|
|Date Posted||May 24, 2017|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
|Residency||You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role.|
- Influential peak body
- 2 year fixed term contract
- Strategic policy development opportunity
The Continence Foundation of Australia is a well-regarded national peak body representing the interests of Australians affected by, or at risk of, bladder and bowel control problems and pelvic floor dysfunction. With a vision centred on having a community free of stigma and restrictions of incontinence, their work is focused on advocacy, promotion and education to ensure access to quality care is available to all Australians.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be integral in contributing to the strategic plan and priorities on policy development through leadership and management of stakeholder consultations. To achieve this you will:
- Analyse and identify emerging policy issues and priorities within health reform
- Manage research and policy processes to influence the agenda on a state and national level
- Produce formal responses and represent policy positions to key stakeholders
- Develop policy papers, briefings, speeches, reports and project briefs
- Lead and manage strategies to consult, engage and build relationships with the Foundation’s members, expert advisors and senior government officials
- Provide strategic advice to the CEO and board on policy development and direction
To be considered for this position, you will have sound knowledge of health and social policy and demonstrated experience working in policy development. You will have highly developed oral and written communication skills with the ability to engage and build sustainable stakeholder relationships at a senior level.
You are a natural problem solver with an analytical mind who can influence and affect change whilst working in a political environment with competing demands and priorities.
Tertiary qualifications in public policy, social sciences or equivalent academic qualification is essential.
If you are looking for an opportunity to make an impact and contribute to the strategic direction to an organisation please click apply, submitting your resume and covering letter in MS Word format, quoting reference #33663. To discuss the opportunity, please call Emma Naglieri on 03 8319 4080.