|Organisation Name||Youth Projects|
|Date Posted||December 4, 2017|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
|Residency||You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role.|
- Support Melbourne’s most at risk people experiencing homelessness and disadvantage
- Manage and grow a broad community health program, leading a large, diverse team
- Suited to an ambitious candidate from a relevant field looking for career progression
Established in 1984 Youth Projects supports at risk young people experiencing homelessness and disadvantage. Youth Projects provide life changing support addressing multiple barriers and providing access to health care, counselling and drug safety, outreach services, employment, education and training. This is an exciting time for Youth Projects having recently recruited a new CEO to reenergise the organisation. They have a clear ambition to innovate, grow and collaborate with partners to ensure they are reaching and supporting Melbourne’s most at risk young people.
Reporting to the CEO you will manage Youth Project’s Community Health Services; the Living Room Primary Health Clinic, Substance Misuse Program, After Hours Primary Care, Needle Syringe Programs, Youth Northern Outreach Team and AOD Consortia Leadership. You will provide strong leadership to a large team working on the ground to deliver services to vulnerable people.
Furthermore, with the Chief Executive Officer you will provide leadership in developing relationships and improving partner collaborative capacity with likeminded organisations to assist in growth of services and position Youth Projects as a leader in the health and welfare sector.
Specifically you will;
- Manage a diverse community services team; 40 indirect report and 5 direct reports
- Lead the clinical direction in the Living Room, YNOT, NSP and other programs
- Enhance community relations by developing positive relationships with partners
- Monitor and evaluate programs, achieving high performance whilst maintaining contractual obligations
- Analyse services, with a focus on data enabling innovation, market testing and program growth/expansion
- Write sophisticated reports and tenders particularly in relations to government funders
- Represent Youth projects in a variety of forums and conversations in the health and welfare sector
This role would suit an ambitious, and perhaps emerging leader experienced in frontline healthcare or homelessness, mental health and/or alcohol and drug services where they have managed programs and people.
This is a key role which will draw upon your ability to think creatively and strategically but also to implement and evaluate whilst playing a highly visible, motivating and mentoring role to your team working in challenging conditions.
The key to your success in this role will be your ability to work with the CEO to innovate, your strong understanding of clinical services and community health and your ability to use it to engage others and your communication with your staff and Youth Project’s clients to whom you are offering a genuine, non-judgemental experience.
If you want to play a lead role in enhancing the services of Youth Projects working with Melbourne’s most at risk young people then please click apply, forwarding your cover letter and resume in MS Word format, quoting reference #34055 or contact Emma Adams on (03) 8319 4090.
To apply for this position please complete the form below and
attach relevant documents.
All fields marked * are required fields.
- Clinical Team Coordinator posted 5 days ago.