|Organisation Name||Eastern Community Legal Centre (ECLC)|
|Date Posted||August 6, 2017|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
|Residency||You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role.|
Join ECLC’s growing team as their Managing Lawyer (Outer East).
- Senior management opportunity
- 12 month contract, 0.8 or FT
- Work between Boronia & Healesville
Eastern Community Legal (ECLC) has been working with individuals and communities for over 40 years to resolve legal problems and improve laws and legal processes.
ECLC ensure legal assistance is available to those in the community experiencing disadvantage who would otherwise not have access to a lawyer whilst prioritising services and targeting programs to the most vulnerable people in the Eastern region of Melbourne.
As one of two managing lawyers within the ECLC team you will work closely with the Director Legal Services/Principal Lawyer to manage the legal practice. You will provide leadership, mentoring and support to the legal services team and engage with the community through a combination of direct legal services, community legal education and development projects.
In this role you will have the opportunity to add significant value to the legal practice through positive engagement with staff, volunteers, other agencies and community members.
Specifically you will have;
- Proven leadership and management experience in the community sector
- Broad legal practice experience at a senior level
- An ability to build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication and partnership skills
- Ability to manage multiple, competing demands
- An interest in and connection to the community legal sector
If you want to work with a progressive and growing community legal centre providing vital legal services to Melbourne East’s most vulnerable people, please click apply, submitting your cover letter and resume in MS Word format, quoting reference #33824 or call Emma Adams for more information on 03 8319 4090.