|Organisation Name||Wentworth Community Housing|
|Date Posted||August 1, 2017|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
|Residency||You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role.|
- Newly created role, providing leadership in developing community engagement
- A leading agency which has secure, appropriate and affordable community housing
- Head office role based in Penrith
Wentworth is a registered community housing provider of rental accommodation and support services for people with limited access to mainstream housing, within the Penrith, Hawksesbury, Blue Mountains, Blacktown and the Hills Shire local government areas. Wentworth is dedicated to quality service delivery, governance and financial management and its achievements have been recognised nationally for excellence.
Wentworth provides services including community housing, affordable housing and assistance with renting privately. It also offers information and referrals to help tenants access the services and support they need. This is provided via long term partner agencies, with the aim of building resilient, self sustaining communities.
Reporting into the General Manager Client Services, you will be responsible for the management of the Sustainable Communities team and develop the strategies and specific programs needed to encourage greater client engagement. The position has a responsibility to negotiate and develop working relationships between Wentworth and a range of community support and government agencies to assist in developing communities to address social issues. Specifically you will also:
- Provide a range of programs which ensure clients services are responsive to changing needs through research, strategic planning and program evaluation
- Plan and develop innovative models of community engagement
- Lead support agency partnerships and actively seek new partners to grow the programs
- Improve the provision of referral services via external agency support
- Focus on Improving access to education and employment support services
- Initiate discussions with government and community based stakeholders
- Conduct negotiations with external parties to secure grants and offer new programs
- Define the sustainable communities strategy, plus manage and support two sustainable communities officers
You have a significant track record in client focused service delivery and demonstrated experience in social and community service program planning and implementation. Your holistic approach will enhance the prosperity of communities for your clients and you will inspire colleagues and lead by example.
Your experience will also include;
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team, with a particular focus on coaching and mentoring team members
- Proven ability to engage and develop joint partner services
- Building, planning and delivering services for the community
- Being adept with all aspects of stakeholder management, including government, staff and clients
- Demonstrated high standards of ethical behaviour and a well developed, collaborative communication style
- Being skilled in understanding issues facing people with particular needs, e.g. ability to access relevant employment and education, whilst being aware of individual digital restraints
- Tertiary qualifications and / or extensive experience in community, social or other relevant professional fields
If you are strongly committed to working towards building sustainable communities, please click apply, submitting your resume and cover letter in MS Word format, quoting reference #33811. For more information please contact Debbie Jardine or Richard Green on 02 8243 0570.
To apply for this position please complete the form below and
attach relevant documents.
All fields marked * are required fields.
- new Database Specialist – Raiser’s Edge posted about 3 hours ago.
- new Digital Marketing Manager posted about 3 hours ago.
- Supporter & Customer Care Coordinator posted 4 days ago.
- General Manager - Fundraising, Marketing & Community Relations posted 8 days ago.
- State Manager – South Australia & Northern Territory posted 8 days ago.