|Date Posted||April 11, 2018|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
|Residency||You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role.|
- Counselling and Education service promoting healthy relationships in Victoria
- Play a lead role in managing the services of the City and North region branches
- Lead and provide supervision for a multi-disciplinary team of counsellors
LifeWorks are a relationship counselling and education service provider who believe that every relationship is a thread, threads which are woven together to form the tapestry of our lives and are committed to supporting the most crucial threads through life’s challenges and transitions.
By offering a wide range of services to individuals, couples and families regardless of, gender, religious affiliation, race, cultural heritage, sexual orientation or economic circumstance, they are promoting healthy, respectful and fulfilling relationships within the Victorian community.
This key management role will be responsible for the clinical and operational management of the city and north region branches of LifeWorks. This will involve ensuring that all sites run smoothly and provide high quality services as well as leading and supervising the branch teams of counsellors who are psychologists, social workers and family therapists.
You will also be responsible for a managing a small number of cases to develop your own practice and;
- Monitoring and supporting all client care adhering to evidence based best practice
- Mentoring and developing clinicians and providing case consultancy
- Managing and coordinating the student placement program
- Providing clinical supervision of provisional psychologists
- Managing and developing the critical incident program
You are a registered psychologist with tertiary qualifications in psychology and postgraduate studies in counselling or clinical practice.
As an experienced practice manager you enjoy mentoring and motivating teams whilst also engaging in client case work. You will have;
- Current APHRA registration with the ability to supervise provisional psychologists
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing a team of counsellors
- Ability to professionally develop, coach and mentor staff
- Demonstrated case work experience in counselling
- Demonstrated experience in education and preventative programs e.g. parenting and couples groups
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment and capacity to work professionally, flexibly and in the best interests of clients
- A current driver’s licence is essential
If you want to use your leadership expertise and play a key role in the successful delivery of the clinical services to Victorians, then please click apply, submitting your resume and covering letter in MS Word format, quoting reference #34231 or phone Anna Skeels or Emma Adams on 03 8319 4070 for further information.
*National police check and Working with Children Check are mandatory.
To apply for this position please complete the form below and
attach relevant documents.
All fields marked * are required fields.
- new Donor & Events Manager posted about 7 hours ago.
- Business Development Manager - Events posted 1 day ago.
- Human Resources People and Culture Administrator posted 3 days ago.
- Co-ordinator Accessible Psychological Interventions posted 9 days ago.
- Senior Manager Clinical Practice and Outcomes posted 9 days ago.