|Location||NSW North Coast, Australia|
|Date Posted||January 20, 2017|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
Does any of the following sound like you?
- You believe in social justice.
- You want to make a genuinely positive difference in the lives of people.
- You want to feel part of a team that has shared values and goals.
- You want the space to grow as a leader.
- You want a strong work/home life balance and to live somewhere beautiful.
What Drives Us?
CRANES is an agile, progressive and entrepreneurial individual and community services based organisation working with people from all walks of life with all kinds of abilities. Our work focuses on human rights, support with daily life, social connections, accommodation, finding adventure and above all meeting the expectations of our customers to promote quality life choices. The things that drive us are:
- We focus on people and respect difference.
- We strive to be a group of people in The Clarence Valley who will never tire of supporting the human rights of life.
- We do not shape our offerings based on the customer’s funding, but on their stated goals. Our customers are our commissioners!
- We do not use divisive language like disability or aged care, we talk simply of people.
- In terms of our colleagues, we want to create a piece of the world where people love to come to work and their unique worth is recognised and valued. We invest in our greatest resource – our people.
- We are not experts in the field of social support but we are experts at learning and listening and tailoring our services to customer needs.
- We want to be the very best at what we do.
If what drives us drives you, then read on…
We are looking to recruit a Coordinator/Facilitator to lead lifestyle workers in our Hubs and Clubs team throughout the Clarence Valley. This position will undertake facilitation and coordination of the Hubs and Clubs functions within the Customer Ability and Over 65’s division and lead staff delivering activities such as clubs of interest, learning and skills classes, indoor activities and more.
The types of services the team provides are:
Support to learn new things, support to earn a living, hubs and clubs in your areas of interest, support to attend social activities, and much more.
The skills we are looking for include:
Apart from Certificate 4 in Community Services or equivalent relevant qualification you will have the following;
- Experience within the community support sector
- Proficiency in assessing individual needs and development and coordination of service delivery plans
- Competence in setting individual targets and reporting on, and monitoring of results
- A track record of bringing new ideas and concepts into operation
- High levels of resource allocation and staff management capability in a human services or allied health environment
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment in a calm and professional approach
- Availability for out of hours and on-call work
- Knowledge of current legislative requirements governing the community services sector
- A high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport
- Exceptional verbal and written communications
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Word and Excel applications and CRM databases
The successful candidate will also need a driver’s licence, a working with children check and willingness to under go criminal background checks.
If this opportunity lights a fire in you…… we’d love to hear from you.
Please click apply, submitting your cover letter responding to the skills required above and resume in MS Word format, quoting reference #33532 or to discuss please call Winnie Chau on 02 8243 0570.
To apply for this position please complete the form below and
attach relevant documents.
All fields marked * are required fields.
- Senior Manager, Ability and Over 65’s posted about 1 month ago.