|Date Posted||May 31, 2017|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
|Residency||You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role.|
Executive leadership opportunity, supporting the senior management team through a period of significant organisational change.
- Working for one of Australia’s largest disability service providers
- Responsible for delivering identified strategic goals for this registered NDIS provider
- Would suit a C level person from either a corporate or NFP human services background
For over 85 years, Northcott has provided supported accommodation and respite for people with disability in local communities across the state. This includes accommodation where drop in support is provided for persons with a disability and group homes where people share a house and receive support.
Very recently Northcott was awarded a significant portfolio to run specialist disability accommodation and respite services by FACS (NSW Department of Family and Community Services). Covering South Western Sydney, Western Sydney and the Murrumbidgee, this will effectively double the size of Northcott’s current programs.
This new entity named Northcott Supported Living (NSL) has over 100 group homes for over 500 people with disability and employs more than 1200 staff. NSL provides empowering, personalised services to customers with disability, their families and carers.
The diverse range of NSL service offerings and strong community partnerships gives customers easy access to the supports they need or want, through a single gateway from many of their locations.
At Northcott customers are not numbers, they are unique individuals. NSL will empower them with confidence, choice and opportunity so they can live their life as they choose, in their own way.
In this role you will provide executive leadership of NSL, ensuring it achieves its strategic goals and delivers its services successfully. This will encompass the management of housing provider relationships and the newly acquired accommodation portfolio’s activities. Key functions will include planning, designing, delivering, operating and controlling services offered to NSL customers.
- Develop and implement a strategic management plan that prepares for the changes in its operational environment
- Conduct negotiations with external parties at executive and senior management level
- Work with the CEO and NSL Board to evaluate and develop the overall strategy, including administrative, fiscal and operational matters
- Supervise and support Managers accommodation and respite and specialist staff
- Oversee the annual budget process and forecasting to ensure long term profitability
- Successfully implement change management initiatives
- Manage the development and coordination of the operation of NSL, ensuring compliance and delivery of quality supported accommodation services
- Make operational and administrative decisions and implement structures and processes to enable NSL teams to perform at a high level
- Build a highly collaborative and customer focused team who are aligned to Northcott’s values
- Work towards a long term plan to integrate NSL services into Northcott
- Develop strategic KPI’s and contribute to the analysis of these and other relevant benchmarking activities
You have a significant track record in human services, are a charismatic and visionary leader and able to drive large scale organisational change. Action orientated and highly communicative, you will inspire colleagues and customers and lead by example.
Your experience will also include;
- Proven ability to direct the entirety of activities of a newly acquired entity
- Able to manage and operate large scale residential services for people with complex care and in high risk environments
- Be adept with all aspects of stakeholder management, including unions, government, staff, customers and families
- Leadership and management in a human services field at an executive level in Australia
- Well developed business analysis and management skills in large organisations
- Particularly skilled in relationship management principles and processes
- Tertiary qualifications in management, finance, marketing, social sciences, health or other relevant professional field
If you are strongly committed to the rights of people with a disability, please contact Debbie Jardine or Richard Green on 02 8243 0570 or please click apply, submitting your resume and a cover letter responding to the skills required in MS Word format, quoting reference #33727.
To apply for this position please complete the form below and
attach relevant documents.
All fields marked * are required fields.
- Small Business Mentoring Program Manager posted 4 days ago.
- Manager - Finance, Risk & Quality Assurance posted 12 days ago.
- Compliance Coordinator posted 12 days ago.
- Senior Program Manager and Coalition Advisor - Conservation posted 14 days ago.
- Supporter & Customer Care Coordinator posted 19 days ago.