|Organisation Name||Optometry Giving Sight|
|Date Posted||August 22, 2017|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
|Residency||You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role.|
- Work for a humanitarian organisation focussed on saving sight
- Raise donations and awareness with a focus on events and trade publications
- Located on the UNSW campus in Kensington
Optometry Giving Sight helps to fund the solutions for 600 million people around the world who are blind or vision impaired simply because they don’t have access to an eye examination and a pair of glasses. Optometry Giving Sight sources funds through a global fundraising campaign which supports the development of sustainable eye and vision care programs that give sight and hope to millions in need. Donations allow Optometry Giving Sight to fund programs that:
- Train – local eye care professionals
- Establish – vision centres for sustainability
- Deliver – eye care and low cost glasses.
Through offices in eight countries around the world and the organisation currently funds 72 projects in 37 countries.
This is a critical position working in a small office environment that will provide vital administrative and fundraising support for Optometry Giving Sight in Australia and play a key role in donor relations and stewardship. The role also works closely with the global fundraising team on newsletters and press releases. The office is located in Kensington in the University of NSW.
Ideally you have experience coordinating marketing or fundraising tasks with strong administrative skills. You will have experience and skills including:
- Direct marketing, customer service or sales
- Liaising with third party suppliers
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Tertiary qualifications in sales, marketing or communications
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and ensuring database integrity
- Excellent attention to detail
If you want to work for an important humanitarian cause to ensure sustainable lasting results; please click apply, submitting your resume and cover letter in MS Word format quoting reference #33867. For more information please contact Winnie Chau or Ruth Connelly on 02 8243 0570.