|Organisation Name||The San Foundation|
|Date Posted||October 12, 2017|
|Residency||You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role.|
- The Sydney Adventist Hospital – a much loved institution supported by its local community
- Raise significant funds to support 53,000 inpatients and over 180,000 outpatients annually
- Would suit a passionate leader with the ability to drive a best practice fundraising program
The San Foundation directly supports the Sydney Adventist Hospital, affectionately known as The San, and is located in the suburb of Wahroonga on Sydney’s leafy north shore.
The Foundation is committed to supporting The San in the provision of state of the art and life-saving equipment, research, education and medical care to its patients. This is achieved by support from the community, individual donors, philanthropy and corporate Australia through donations, bequests and sponsorships.
The Foundation recently raised $20m to fund the purpose built gold standard San Integrated Cancer Centre, a state-of-the-art centre of excellence. The Centre builds on The San's existing expertise, experience and world-class reputation providing an integrated treatment centre for patients with cancer and other chronic diseases.
Benefits and Culture
- A much loved foundation with a history of generous donors and corporate supporters
- Leading private hospital providing outstanding health and healing services
- Executive market value remuneration with salary packaging available
- Sydney North Shore location. Wahroonga based
- Small but committed team of staff and a highly qualified board
Managing a small and committed staff and reporting to the chair elect, Dick Warburton AO, this role leads the existing annual fundraising and special projects including bequests, major donors, corporate sponsors, annual appeal and special events.
You will also be responsible for the smooth operating of the Foundation including communications, reporting, human resources, finance and budgeting. Importantly you will be familiar with or have the ability to develop the legal frameworks and compliance requirements required for the Foundation.
Overall your success in this role will be determined by your ability to incrementally increase the Foundations philanthropic and corporate income with the following performance indicators;
- Creation, implementation and management of fundraising and business plans.
- Substantially growing the existing bequest portfolio
- Management of existing relationships of individual and corporate donors
- Nurturing a broad range of Internal and external stakeholders
- Annual appeal including the coordination of the donor database and gift processing
- Design and oversee the production of all major publications, including digital media
Your confident, mature attitude, intellect and presentation skills developed in either the charitable, philanthropic, health, cultural, education or corporate sectors will be important attributes.
Crucially you are passionate about enhancing the lives of people and can ‘make the ask’ resulting in significant support. Fundraising experience or your ability to lead fundraising will be highly regarded, as will your ability to manage and grow your team, volunteer base and community stakeholders.
If working within the ethos of this leading hospital and foundation inspires you, then please click apply, submitting your cover letter (responding to the skills required) and resume in MS Word format, quoting reference #33947. To discuss your interest please call Richard Green or Winnie Chau on 02 8243 0570.