|Organisation Name||NGO Recruitment|
|Date Posted||April 4, 2017|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
- Reputable community services organisations
- Full time and part time opportunities
- Sydney and suburbs
Our clients are a range of leading not-for-profit clients that provide material, social and emotional support to Australians in need. Our clients provide support to the aged, sick, families and children including; financial, housing, residential care, counselling, health services, employment and education.
These roles work as part of a team supporting people with financial problems to alleviate hardship and integrate support and advocacy services.
The responsibilities include –
- Working with individuals and families to improve their financial affairs
- Maintain comprehensive up to date client documentation
- Referring clients if necessary to other community support agencies
- Providing training on money management and financial literacy
- Documenting wider issues that may require advocacy by senior management
The ideal candidates have a qualification as a financial counsellor and are able to demonstrate -
- Knowledge of relevant legislation governing the provision of financial advice
- Knowledge of models of financial counselling
- Experience presenting financial literacy training to small groups
- An understanding of government regulations in consumer advocacy
- Accredited with the Financial Counsellors’ Assoc. of NSW or working towards accreditation
- Excellent writing skills including letters and reports
- Intermediate computer skills and a current drivers licence
Due to the nature of these roles the successful candidates must be prepared to undertake appropriate background checks
If you have the skills to help break the cycle of financial hardship for families please click apply, submitting your resume and a cover letter, responding to the skills required above, in MS Word format, quoting reference #33656. For more information please contact Ruth Connelly on 02 8243 0570.
To apply for this position please complete the form below and
attach relevant documents.
All fields marked * are required fields.
- Financial Counsellor posted 3 months ago.