|Organisation Name||Australian Education Union|
|Date Posted||May 16, 2017|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
- Lead a large team of union organisers
- Drive membership growth and activism for the leading voice for public education in Australia
- Excellent package & benefits
AEU Victoria is the Victorian branch of the Australian Education Union – the federal union for teachers, principals, support staff and all educators working in public education.
With over 185,000 members nationally and 50,000 members in Victoria, the AEU are proud to work for people who have some of the most important jobs in the country and advocate for quality public education accessible to all.
Reporting to the Branch Secretary the Coordinator of Organising is responsible for managing the recruitment training and campaign unit (RTC). Working closely with the leadership team and other work groups you will coordinate the organising effort for the union.
This is a key role within the union as the work of the RTC drives membership and builds activism and involvement of its members.
Specifically you will;
- Lead motivate and manage 3 team leaders and a wider team of 30 organisers and staff
- Work with the leadership team at the AEU to develop and implement strategic and operational planning
- Develop and implement innovative organising strategies/techniques that deliver on AEU priorities and goals
- Develop team leaders and staff through coaching, mentoring and professional development opportunities
This role is suited to someone who holds a similar position within another union, or is a team leader or lead organiser ready to step up to the next level. You understand the role and the challenges of organising within a union and how to lead and motivate a large team in a changing environment.
You will be a confident organiser, your extensive experience working on the ground will have given you the ability to understand the challenges of building power in workplaces and the skills to develop and mentor your team.
You will be an excellent people manager, passionate and resilient with a strong commitment to building powerful unions.
A current driver’s licence is essential.
Join the key voice advocating for accessible, high-quality public education in Australia, please click apply, submitting your resume and covering letter in MS Word format, quoting reference #33692 or phone Emma Naglieri or Emma Adams on 03 8319 4080 for further information.