|Organisation Name||The Humour Foundation|
|Date Posted||October 18, 2017|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
|Residency||You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role.|
- Promote and deliver the health benefits of humour to sick children and adults with dementia
- Develop and Implement the organisational plan on a strategic and operational level
- Would suit a C level candidate from either a NFP or SME background
The Humour Foundation is a unique organisation that truly believes laughter is the best medicine. Working closely with medical professionals, 15 employees and engaging 60 professional performance artists, the Foundation delivers 1500 ward rounds engaging with sick children and their families in 26 hospitals across Australia annually. The Foundation’s work is based on clinical research that shows the physiological and psychological benefits of laughter to health and well-being.
Through their four main programs, Clown Doctors, Elder Clowns, Laughter Boss and Laughter Works, the Foundation reaches over 200,000 vulnerable children and adults, including those living with dementia. They also have an ongoing commitment to continued research around the therapeutic benefits of humour.
Currently experiencing a period of growth in both programs and fundraising , the Foundation is committed to a best practice fundraising strategy that relies on the generosity of the Australian community.
Benefits and Culture
- Making children laugh every day at work
- Work with creative colleagues who are committed to the cause
- Located on Sydney’s north shore, with regular interstate travel, meeting partners and donors
- Senior level remuneration offered, including salary packaging and company car
Reporting to the board and in accordance with best practice, you will oversee operations, robust governance, program strategy and delivery and fundraising. You will develop strong relationships with new and existing partners to ensure continuation of revenue streams, whilst identifying and delivering new program opportunities. Overall the Foundation considers the key leadership functions in the role are people, governance, revenue, culture, evidence and brand.
- Develop and deliver the annual strategy and budget in conjunction with the board
- Lead, supervise and support a multidisciplinary team of four senior managers
- Conduct negotiations with hospitals and aged care facilities at a senior level
- Develop the fundraising strategy, leveraging supporter and sponsor relationships
- Oversee compliance with internal policies and procedures and applicable law
- Contribute to a caring, generous, trusting and yet accountable culture
You have a significant track record in human services and with a strong understanding of fundraising and will have held senior roles in a variety of sectors, ranging from health to the arts. You are a charismatic, visionary leader and understand the value of performing arts in society. Action orientated and highly communicative, you will inspire colleagues and lead by example.
Your experience will include;
- Ability to manage programs benefitting vulnerable people in high risk environments
- Promoting strong ethics, emotional intelligence and ability to self-reflect
- Achieving fundraising targets by identification, development and solicitation of donors
If you would like to give the gift of laughter to sick and vulnerable children and adults, please contact Debbie Jardine or Richard Green on 02 8243 0570 or submit a cover letter responding to the skills required above and resume in MS Word format, quoting reference #33962.