|Organisation Name||Community First Step|
|Date Posted||April 3, 2018|
Executive leadership opportunity in a growing community organisation in Sydney's vibrant South West.
- Leading provider of disability, community development and children's services
- Working with the board to deliver identified goals within a growth agenda
- Would suit a C level candidate from a human services or similar background
Based in south west Sydney, Community First Step (CFS) is a growing organisation that encompasses children, youth and family services in the form of case work, community development, disability and children services.
Employing over 60 staff as well as committed volunteers, CFS's purpose is to engage and develop local communities working in partnership with businesses and government to strive for excellence, whilst meeting the holistic needs of clients.
CFS provides inclusive, innovative, high quality recreational, cultural, sporting and welfare programs that empower people to overcome disadvantage and barriers to personal, social and economic growth.
You will work closely with the Board and provide executive leadership, delivering to sustain a growth plan via operational excellence, quality service provision and effective compliance.
Key functions will include external and organisational leadership, risk, planning and compliance:
- Overall strategy development incorporating financial budgets, operational, marketing and human resources
- Leading and supporting five senior managers, whilst also overseeing the training and effective performance of all CFS' workforce
- Operational and administrative decisions with a focus on process improvement
- Coordinating and providing Board reports, which include regular financial and management reports, operational commentaries, with review to the strategic plan
- Building relationships in order to secure and maintain community funding
You have a significant record of accomplishment in human services, are an innovative leader and able to generate and drive new projects and initiatives to a successful conclusion. Action orientated and highly communicative, you will inspire the employees, volunteers and customers, leading by example. Your experience will include:
- Proven ability to direct complex services across multiple sites
- Timely and effective board reporting
- Being adept with all aspects of stakeholder management, including funding and partner organisations, Councils, local members, employees and clients.
- Ideally experience working in large organisations and growing SME's to reflect hands on competence and an understanding of robust, high volume business practices
If you are committed to supporting and engaging with Australia's most vibrant multicultural community, please contact Debbie Jardine or Richard Green on 02 8243 0570 or submit a cover letter responding to the skills required above and resume in MS Word format, quoting reference #33944.