|Location||Sydney, Canberra or Melbourne, Australia|
|Date Posted||June 7, 2017|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
- Mobilise communities and institutions to take action against climate change
- Integrated leadership, campaign and management focus
- Flexible location - Sydney, Canberra or Melbourne
350.org is an international movement dedicated to solving the climate crisis and mobilising hundreds of thousands of people around the world to take action to reduce greenhouse emissions and rapidly move to clean energy. 350.org’s online campaigns, grassroots activities, fundraising and mass public actions are led from the bottom up by volunteers in over 188 countries. In just four years 350.org Australia has grown from a few thousand supporters to over 70,000, significantly increasing its campaigning and fundraising base.
Working with the Australian CEO, national and international campaign team you will lead the strategic development and promotion of cutting edge campaigns for climate change action nationally. You will also provide general leadership for the organisation in Australia as a member of the senior management team and liaise with 350’s work globally to ensure campaigns are relevant and effective. Other responsibilities will include;
- Acting as the alternative senior organisational representative in a range of forums and media
- Establishing networks both within and outside the climate change movement to build partnerships
- Working with the CEO on developing philanthropic revenue from individuals and trusts.
You are currently a senior campaigner and manager within an environmental or social change organisation and are able to demonstrate a high-level understanding of climate issues in Australia and internationally, including analysis, policy development and communication of environmental issues.
You have senior level skills in the development of campaign strategy including planning, execution, evaluation and funding with the capacity and maturity to grow, lead and develop teams.
Ideally your organisational management skills include team members, operations, finance, governance, statutory reporting and risk management. You have advanced interpersonal skills and are able to demonstrate experience in developing and maintaining strategic partnerships with community, donors, business and political leaders.
If you are looking to build a strong people-powered movement for a safe climate future then please click apply, forwarding your cover letter responding to the skills required and resume in MS Word format, quoting reference #33736 or contact Richard Green on (02) 8243 0570.
To apply for this position please complete the form below and
attach relevant documents.
All fields marked * are required fields.
- Digital Marketing Coordinator posted 1 day ago.
- Communications & Media Officer posted 6 days ago.
- Senior Program Manager and Coalition Advisor - Conservation posted 14 days ago.
- Supporter & Customer Care Coordinator posted 19 days ago.
- Major Donor - Partnership Giving Manager posted 19 days ago.