|Organisation Name||One Disease|
|Date Posted||November 29, 2017|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
|Residency||You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role.|
- Eliminate crusted scabies from remote Indigenous communities in Australia
- Lead a highly expert team of staff and volunteers to raise $18m by 2022
- Partner with governments, philanthropists and corporate leaders committed to the mission
One Disease is a ground breaking not-for-profit organisation with a sole purpose to eliminate crusted scabies from remote indigenous communities by 2022. The One Disease program is developed in partnership with our First People.
Crusted scabies is a highly contagious and chronic form of skin disease. People with crusted scabies become engulfed with millions of scabies mites and if left untreated have a 50% mortality rate over 5 years. Seven in ten Indigenous children in remote NT communities suffer from scabies at least once before their first birthday.
The One Disease Crusted Scabies Elimination Campaign is known in community as the Healthy Skin Program. The campaign promotes the management of the disease via the delivery of education programs and strong local community partnerships so patients work together with local clinics to manage the disease.
Benefits and Culture
- Create your own fundraising legacy within an entrepreneurial organisation with visionary leadership
- Contribute to Closing the Gap and addressing Indigenous disadvantage
- Executive market value remuneration with salary packaging available, working 4 days
- Modern warehouse offices in Surry Hills, Sydney
- Interstate travel required for program and donor meetings
Working closely with the CEO this role will lead a small but highly skilled development team and an influential volunteer campaign taskforce to raise the $18m required to eliminate crusted scabies from Australia.
The target donors for the campaign will be high net worth individuals, Trusts and Foundations and Corporates. Your responsibilities will include;
- Partnering with the program director and team to execute the fundraising campaign
- Prospecting and developing relationships with potential taskforce members and donors
- Develop the case for support including solicitation plans and stewardship program
- Report on progress against income, the donor pipeline, moves management and volunteer leadership
You are a relationship fundraiser with a background in major gifts, philanthropy and corporate fundraising. You have a track record in inspiring philanthropists and corporate leaders resulting in the identification, development and successful solicitation of high value donations. Operationally, you have the ability to keep the bigger picture in mind, be proactive whilst still having executional hands-on responsibilities.
You must be self-motivated and committed to continuous improvement and personal leadership. You have excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills with the ability to;
- Manage and motivate your own team and senior volunteers
- Build and update a compelling case for support
If you have a passion for improving indigenous health and believe that no Australian should die of a preventable disease then please call Richard Green to discuss your interest on 02 8243 0570, or please click apply and submit a cover letter responding to the skills required above and resume (in MS Word format), quoting reference #33948.
To apply for this position please complete the form below and
attach relevant documents.
All fields marked * are required fields.
- Senior Development Manager posted 3 months ago.