|Organisation Name||ChildFund Australia|
|Date Posted||January 29, 2018|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
|Residency||You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role.|
- International development agency, making a lasting difference to children living in poverty
- Lead the development of the bequest program and support the major gift program
- Would suit candidates from a relationship fundraising or philanthropy background
ChildFund Australia works in partnership with children and their communities to create lasting and meaningful change.
It supports long term community development and promotes children’s rights in countries such as Vietnam, Papua New Guinea, Cambodia, Laos, Timor Leste and Myanmar. They work in partnership with ChildFund Alliance to deliver programs throughout Asia, Africa and the Americas.
These programs are funded by sponsorship contributions, major gifts, bequests, grants, donations and other revenue.
Benefits and Culture
- Work towards enabling every child to have a childhood
- Join a highly skilled fundraising team
- Local and international travel may be required
- Located in Surry Hills, Sydney, close to public transport
- Supportive, energetic and innovative team
You will drive the development of the bequest program, grow the strategy and implement end to end plans and processes. This includes bequest communication and personalised stewardship of current and potential donors. Reporting into the Single Giving Manager, you will also work across the philanthropic fundraising program, liaising with high net worth individuals, trusts, foundations and corporates.
- Lead and implement the annual operational plan for the Bequest program
- Work closely with trustees, solicitors, major donors and bequestors to build meaningful relationships
- Utilise the extensive supporter database to identify, research and cultivate new donors for bequests and major gifts
- Assess innovative approaches to enhance the donor pipeline in order to grow the bequest and major gift programs
- Generate reports on key metrics including revenue, retention, conversion and lifetime value
- Ensure compliance with legislation
You will be a successful relationship fundraiser and can demonstrate your ability to ‘make the ask’. You have experience in a bequests, major gifts or philanthropy role and understand the importance of stewardship, alongside data-driven fundraising strategies. Your ability to work with individuals and families will enhance the supporter base and increase awareness of the bequest program.
Your experience will also include;
- A track record in partnering with bequest, middle or major donors
- Knowledge of the Australian fundraising or philanthropy environment
- Managing a pipeline of donors via a strategic stewardship program
Use your fundraising and bequest knowledge to enable children to say ‘I am safe, I am educated, I am heard and I have a future’. Please contact Debbie Jardine or Richard Green on 02 8243 0570 or submit a cover letter responding to the skills required above and resume in MS Word format, quoting reference #33973.