|Organisation Name||House With No Steps|
|Date Posted||October 3, 2017|
|Residency||You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role.|
- As the Area Manager, lead, support and develop a small team of managers
- Contribute to an organisation relentless in its pursuit of inclusion and equality
- Based in Townsville, Queensland
House with No Steps (HWNS) has a well deserved reputation as a leading provider of quality residential, employment and ancillary services to more than 3000 people with a disability, and their carers, throughout Queensland, NSW, Victoria and ACT.
As a human rights based organisation, HWNS has a rich history of working with communities and government to ensure that people with a disability have every opportunity to exercise their rights and responsibilities as valued community members, whilst achieving their best quality of life and choosing how they want to be supported.
The Area Manager will drive the delivery of the HWNS supported living and individual support services to a broad mix of customers across Townsville, Charters Towers and Mackay. Leading, coaching and developing a small team of support managers and administrative staff to ensure the provision of human rights based approaches and outstanding service for customers/clients and their families, your responsibilities will also include:
- Financial management, reporting and analysis of budget and service contract performance
- Developing and maintaining relationships with community, government, NDIS and other stakeholders
- Ensuring your team's delivery of service provision within legislative frameworks
- Managing risk and ensuring safe working environments and continuous quality improvement practices
- Attractive salary packaging
- Motor vehicle for private use
- Career progression opportunities within a leading disability service provider
You have a genuine passion for supporting the human rights of people with a disability. You can demonstrate experience successfully leading a team to deliver community services and mentoring and managing the individuals within your team to achieve results. You have:
- relevant tertiary qualifications in disability, community services or a related field
- strong financial acumen
- demonstrated experience in stakeholder engagement and relationship management
- proven success identifying and building on new services and customer opportunities
- understanding of the NDIS funding model and processes
Please click apply, sending your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required (in MS Word format), quoting #33938 or call Louise Furlong on 07 5530 8066 to discuss.