|Organisation Name||Australian Indigenous Education Foundation (AIEF)|
|Date Posted||June 1, 2017|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
- Australia’s leading provider of secondary scholarships for Indigenous students
- Dynamic, outcome-driven, progressive NFP business achieving significant results
- Develop and drive a best practice major gift relationship fundraising strategy
The Australian Indigenous Education Foundation (AIEF) is a private sector led not-for-profit (NFP) business, empowering Indigenous children to build a future through quality education and careers. AIEF currently support 500 scholars and over 300 graduates.
AIEF believe that Indigenous children in financial need should have access to leading schools and universities and pursue productive career opportunities with leading companies. AIEF’s success is a product of a strong partnership between the Australian Government and the private sector.
AIEF is expanding its highly successful fundraising portfolio to include philanthropy from individuals with the ability to make major gifts and from family, charitable and corporate Trusts and Foundations.
“Everyone associated with AIEF are strong believers in the transformative power of education”
Andrew Penfold, AIEF Executive Director
In this newly created role you will work closely with the founder and executive director and play the leading role in developing and delivering AIEF’S philanthropy strategy. You will be responsible for establishing enduring relationships and building a sustainable income, whilst embedding a culture of sophisticated fundraising across the whole organisation.
- Research and identify potential funding opportunities and profiles
- Create and maximise appropriate giving mechanisms and donor benefit packages
- Manage a portfolio of philanthropic supporters, both major gift and Trusts
- Introduce a three year strategy and track progress against targets
- Produce regular reports on each project status and donors
You have a significant track record in major donor fundraising from a leading NFP, cultural or education institution. You ‘make the ask’ but are also strategic and your efforts result in significant donations and grants. You provide excellent donor care and understand the importance of relationships in fundraising.
Your experience will also include:
- Developing effective soliciting and stewarding tools, mapping the donor journey
- Working collaboratively in a target driven environment
- Familiarity with CRM systems
- Deep understanding of best practice major gift strategies
- Passionate about education and a genuine interest in working with AIEF
If working to confront educational inequality inspires you, please contact Debbie Jardine or Richard Green on 02 8243 0570 or please click apply, submitting a cover letter responding to the skills required above and your resume in MS Word format, quoting reference #33725.
To apply for this position please complete the form below and
attach relevant documents.
All fields marked * are required fields.
- Executive Assistant posted 3 days ago.
- Director, Innovation & Strategy posted 3 days ago.
- Director, System & Service Integration (Mid North Coast) posted 6 days ago.
- Database Administrator posted 8 days ago.
- Head of Individual Giving posted 9 days ago.