|Date Posted||August 3, 2018|
- Work to provide children and young people a chance to have a permanent home for life
- Would suit candidates from a family or community services background
- Generous salary package; including car and relocation assistance
For over 30 years Samaritans has been providing unconditional support to many different groups of people. Samaritans core values of compassion, integrity and justice continue to be central to everything we do. Our services support people with a disability, young people, children, families, those escaping domestic violence, and those leaving prison, among others.
There is a united team made up of over 700 staff members and 400 volunteers who work together throughout Newcastle, Hunter, Central Coast, Mid-Western and the Mid-North Coast regions of NSW.
This role works across the Central West Region of NSW and is based in the Mudgee office, alongside a small team involved in OOHC, foster care and the Permanency Support Program. The program creates strong family connections for children and young people and is working to introduce reforms that shift the current placement based service system to one that is centred on restoration and building life-long connections to family.
Benefits & Culture
- Salary packaging, including car or car allowance, laptop and phone
- Relocation assistance available if required
- Professional development with ongoing training and study leave
- Corporate gym membership
Samaritans are looking for a team leader to work with their valued clients. Reporting to the Community Services Manager, this role is responsible for provision of services for children, young people, parents and carers. You will lead a team of case managers and case workers. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with vulnerable young clients and advocating on their behalf
- Developing relationships and networks with government and non-government agencies
- Coaching and assessing the teams caseload to ensure the client’s needs are met
- Generating reports, including court documents, financial budget case notes and audits
- Reviewing performance and implementing evidence informed approaches to work
Ideally you have leadership experience within family and children’s services. Otherwise you have proven abilities managing sensitive situations, including supporting vulnerable people in crisis. You’re also able to inspire and lead high performing diverse teams and have the following skills and experience:
- Leadership experience working in challenging communities
- Ability to role model collaborative, accountable and respectful case management
- Effective negotiation, communication and engagement skills
- Responsibility for administrative, organisational, budgetary, planning and reporting
- Qualifications in social sciences / social work or similar
If you strive to exceed client expectations for every person, every time, please contact Debbie Jardine on 02 8243 0570 or please click apply, and send your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required in MS Word format, quoting reference #34454.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.