|Organisation Name||The Federation of Community Legal Centres (Victoria)|
|Date Posted||September 10, 2018|
- Peak body for Community Legal Centres in Victoria
- Influential role working to broaden stakeholder engagement and increase political reach
- 12-month fixed term contract; CBD location
The Federation of Community Legal Centres (Victoria) is the peak body for community legal centres (CLCs) across Victoria. They lead and support the community legal sector in fighting for a fairer, more just community, support members to provide independent community-based legal services and advocate for social justice and a fair legal system.
Community legal centres are independent, not for profit community organisations. They provide free lawyers, social workers and legal education to the public, especially to people who can’t afford a lawyer, or who are facing injustice or inequality because of their race, gender, sexuality, class, religion or other identity. They fight for human rights, equality and social justice.
Benefits & Culture
- Full NFP salary packaging
- Flexible working environment; 0.8 working week optional
In this role you will be pivotal in communicating and advancing the priorities and objectives of the Federation and add value to the work that CLCs do. You will proactively identify policy, advocacy and campaigning priorities through strategically navigating the political, legal, and social and media landscapes by building and maintaining diplomatic relationships with diverse stakeholder groups. Specifically you will:
- Develop strong relationships with political decision makers and the wider community sector
- Engage with members to identify, support and represent the membership’s policy issues
- Drive policy and advocacy on issues that impact the community legal sector
- Monitor and analyse relevant legislation and public policy to provide expert advice
- Produce briefs, submissions, op-eds and talking points tailored to a variety of audiences
To be successful for this position, you will have demonstrated experience writing and providing high level policy advice within a social justice, advocacy or political setting.
With your exceptional interpersonal skills and a strategic mindset, you have proven expertise to identify and develop strong partnerships, collaborate, negotiate and influence a diverse range of stakeholders at all levels.
You also have superior time management skills where you are adept at working in a fast paced environment with ever changing priorities.
An understanding of community organising within a lobbying or campaign environment is highly advantageous.
If you are passionate about social justice and compelled to ensure that the priorities for the Federation are on the policy and political agenda, then please click apply to submit your resume together with a cover letter in MS Word format quoting ref #34530, or alternatively contact Anna Skeels or Emma Naglieri on 03 8319 4070.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.