|Organisation Name||NGO Recruitment|
|Date Posted||July 16, 2018|
- Peak body for Community Legal Centres in Victoria
- Manage and administer grants and provide support to CLC’s
- 8-month fixed term contract; CBD location
The Federation of Community Legal Centres (Victoria) Inc is the peak body for community legal centres (CLCs) across Victoria. They lead and support the community legal sector in fighting for a fairer, more just community, support members to provide independent community-based legal services and advocate for social justice and a fair legal system.
Community legal centres are independent, not for profit community organisations. They provide free lawyers, social workers and legal education to the public, especially to people who can’t afford a lawyer, or who are facing injustice or inequality because of their race, gender, sexuality, class, religion or other identity. They fight for human rights, equality and social justice.
Reporting to the Director of Sustainability, your role will be to manage and administer grants and provide support to CLC’s in Victoria so that they can deliver quality integrated services to the community. The collaborative nature of the role will see you engage with a diverse range of stakeholders whilst ensuring that funding projects are evaluated effectively. You will:
- Manage reporting, acquittals and contract variations for funding of integrated services
- Conduct gap & needs analysis to identify and deliver training programs for CLC’s
- Document and collect case studies that will support future funding applications
- Share best practice outcomes with the CLC sector from the evaluation of projects
- Liaise with interstate stakeholders and the National Peak Body (NACLC)
Due to the technical nature of the role and the requirement to understand legal practice and legislation, it is preferred that you will be a qualified lawyer who has a deep understanding on how the legal system can influence social inequality. You have demonstrated experience in analysing and identifying systems and process changes within a project setting that have contributed to ‘best practice’ solutions and services. Ideally you have experience in a similar role for a member based organisation. Additionally you can demonstrate:
- An ability to plan, prioritise and meet project outcomes
- Superior time management skills in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Expertise in stakeholder engagement; ability to influence and collaborate diplomatically
A current Victorian driver’s license is essential as there is some travel required.
Play a pivotal role in helping the CLC sector expand and deliver integrated high quality services to their clients. Please click apply, and submit your resume and covering letter in MS Word format, quoting #34421 or phone Emma Naglieri on 03 8319 4080 for further information.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.