|Organisation Name||Palliative Care South East|
|Date Posted||April 28, 2018|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
|Residency||You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role.|
- Providing community palliative care to people of all ages improving the life of individuals, carers and families
- Promote a culture of continuous quality and development to monitor and improve service performance
- 0.8 permanent part time role based in Cranbourne
Palliative Care South East provides free specialist palliative care services to people of all ages living at home with a life limiting illness in the south east metropolitan region of Melbourne.
Dedicated to improving the quality of life of individuals, Palliative Care South East employ a multidisciplinary team of health professionals and volunteers who provide home care and support to people, families and carers faced with life-limiting illness.
The Palliative Care South East story began in 1984 in response to a need identified by families in the Dandenong area, prior this time there were no community palliative care services in the area. Since its inception, Palliative Care South East has, and continues to commit to expanding services and meeting the community’s needs.
Reporting to the General Manager of Corporate Services and being a critical ‘go to’ point for General Manager Clinical Services, you will ensure the organisation operates in accordance with applicable standards and complies with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting management to appropriately identify, assess and manage all compliance and risk
- Maintain the risk register in accordance with the Risk Framework, statutory legislation and standards
- Assist management in providing quality and safety advice and training to staff ensuring a positive risk culture
- Work to the overall strategy to monitor, report and continuously improve services and programs
- Ensure ongoing compliance with South East Palliative Care policies and frameworks including incident reporting
- Coordinate all activities relating to ongoing achievement of ACHS Accreditation
This role would suit a quality professional that has been working in a clinical environment and wants to move into a role that offers more autonomy and responsibilities. Someone who is comfortable with being a quality advocate within the organisation and managing stakeholders at all levels.
You can demonstrate;
- Proven experience in health care organisations
- Understanding of relevant standards and legislation, including: ISO 9001:2008 Quality Assurance Management Systems, ISO 31000:2009 Risk Management, Work Health Safety Act 2011, Community Care Common Standards
- Experience and working knowledge of ACHS accreditation and quality reviews
- Familiarity in developing and maintaining quality & safety systems, processes and practices
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills including report writing and presentations
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite and experience using risk software
If you want to improve the services of this valued organisation that provides Palliative Care to the Victorian community, please click apply, sending your resume and covering letter addressing the skills required in MS Word format quoting reference #34234. For an initial discussion please call Emma Adams on 03 8319 4070.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.