|Date Posted||May 22, 2018|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
|Residency||You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role.|
- Counselling and Education service promoting healthy relationships in Victoria
- Lead a new program that supports people with mental health issues
- Manage and support an enthusiastic team of mental health professionals
LifeWorks are a relationship counselling and education service provider who believe that every relationship is a thread, threads which are woven together to form the tapestry of our lives and are committed to supporting the most crucial threads through life’s challenges and transitions.
By offering a wide range of services to individuals, couples and families regardless of, gender, religious affiliation, race, cultural heritage, sexual orientation or economic circumstance, they are promoting healthy, respectful and fulfilling relationships within the Victorian community.
Reporting to the Manager of the South & East region, you will lead and supervise a small team to deliver an exciting new program - Accessible Psychological Interventions (API) which provides mental health counselling services and group psycho-education programs to low income earners and other vulnerable demographic groups.
Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Designing psychological treatment plans using evidence based best practice
- Mentoring and developing clinicians and providing case consultancy
- Actively managing referrals and allocating cases appropriately
- Managing and monitoring client care
- Developing and evaluating curriculum for psycho-education programs
- Developing and promoting the API program
- Data collection and reporting for the South Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network
You are a Registered psychologist with tertiary qualifications in psychology and postgraduate studies in counselling or clinical practice.
As an experienced people manager you enjoy mentoring and motivating teams whilst also engaging in client case work.
You will have;
- Current AHPRA registration with the ability to supervise provisional psychologists
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing a team of mental health clinicians
- Ability to professionally develop, coach and mentor staff
- Demonstrated case work experience in counselling
- Demonstrated experience in group psycho-education or therapeutic programs .e.g. family violence and crisis intervention
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment and capacity to work professionally, flexibly and in the best interests of clients
- A current driver’s licence is essential
This position would suit an experienced mental health professional with management experience or someone who is ready to step up into a leadership position. Please click apply, submitting your resume and covering letter in MS Word format, quoting reference #34230 or phone Anna Skeels on 03 8319 4070 for further information.
*National police check and Working with Children Check are mandatory.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.