|Organisation Name||JDRF Australia|
|Location||Sydney or Melbourne|
|Date Posted||August 31, 2018|
- Accelerate life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent & treat Type 1 Diabetes
- Drive a significant increase in funding from philanthropy and major gifts
- Senior hands on leadership role, interstate travel
JDRF Australia is part of a global movement with representation in over 20 countries and has a clear and simple mission, to rid the world of Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) and to make each day better than the one before for people living with T1D. JDRF has a bold fundraising growth plan in place. You will be instrumental in growing their income from fundraising efforts by 2021. JDRF’s five values are passion, integrity, vision, impact and collaboration. JDRF reflect these values in a positive work environment that benefits the organisation as well as employees.
Benefits & Culture
• Passionate and collaborative team culture
• Commitment to training and development
• Diverse recognition framework
• Generous salary packaging provisions
• Additional end of year leave
With accountability for the delivery of targeted significant growth funding, you will manage your own portfolio and lead the philanthropy team, with responsibility for managing existing relationships and identifying new prospects. Specifically you will:
• Manage your own portfolio and solicit gifts from major donors, trusts and foundations
• Ensure your team deliver on individual targets and metrics
• Work collaboratively with global counterparts and local leadership
• Prepare and submit high quality funding proposals
• Develop effective soliciting and stewarding programs which map to the donor journey
• Be accountable for the delivery of prospect opportunities including researching, wealth screening, donor profile development and actions
This role is suited to a seasoned relationship fundraiser with the ability to think laterally and identify opportunities. You will have significant success in growing an organisation’s philanthropic profile and revenue with experience using communications and brand to maximise exposure. Ideally you are in a similar role in either a NFP, the arts or agency, however, people with relevant commercial sales experience will also be considered. Additionally you will:
• Be adept at identifying opportunities, plus developing and maintaining philanthropic relationships
• Have proven ability to articulate vision, mission and progress through effective storytelling
• Exhibit strong people management skills with proven ability to increase performance outcomes
• Demonstrate strong financial acumen
Compliance checking will include Police Clearance and Working with Children (WWCC).
If you are passionate about improving the lives of people living with T1D and in playing a lead role in creating a world without T1D, please click apply submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required in MS Word format quoting #34501. Or call Lisa Morell or Richard Green on 02 8243 0570.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.