|Date Posted||May 30, 2018|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
|Residency||You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role.|
- National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing mental health services to 12 – 25 year olds
- Coordinate local and national media/communications activity across the headspace network
- Develop and manage relationships with journalists and proactively identify media opportunities
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12 - 25 year olds. headspace enables young people and their families to access support through a national network of centres, online and telephone services, and a school support program. headspace also drives community awareness and education about youth mental health, early intervention and help seeking.
The Media and Communications Coordinator is responsible for supporting the delivery of the headspace national and local media strategy. Working closely with the Strategic Communications and Marketing team you will coordinate both proactive and reactive media and communications activity across the headspace network.
As part of small team you will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on media mentions each day, and proactively identifying opportunities to promote the work of headspace and its services. You will develop and maintain relationships with an active media network, field media requests and coordinate responses.
This role would suit an inquisitive and proactive Media and Communications Coordinator who is passionate about the work of headspace and how to profile youth mental health in the media.
- Have worked in a media/communications position focusing on traditional and digital media
- Understand how to effectively monitor media and identify proactive media opportunities
- Have the ability to engage journalists, establishing and maintaining media relationships
- Have well developed writing skills that can be applied across marketing and communications
- Enjoy working in a busy media environment with conflicting deadlines and priorities
- Have a “can-do” attitude, able to work hands on, on a variety of tasks in a small team
Coordinate national and local media and communications for headspace supporting young people with mental health issues. Please click apply, submitting your resume and covering letter in MS Word format, quoting reference #34315 or phone Emma Adams on 03 83194090 for further information.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.