|Organisation Name||Hume Community Housing|
|Date Posted||October 4, 2018|
- Sustainable housing solutions, positive social & community outcomes
- Create, drive and deliver internal & external communications strategy
- Full time or part time – South Western or Western Sydney location
Hume Community Housing is a nationally accredited Tier 1 community housing provider which manages and or owns over 2,000 properties. Hume delivers homes and services to more than 4000 customers across New South Wales.
Hume provides tenancy management, property management and support services directly and collaboratively with key stakeholders to create opportunities for people to prosper in vibrant and connected communities.
Hume develops properties both independently and in partnership with the private sector, developers and financial institutions. Supported by a skilled board with robust governance structures, Hume is investing in an ambitious growth strategy to deliver further quality housing and services to those in need. This business is growing and has an extremely bright future as it strengthen its leading position within the sector.
Benefits & Culture
Hume is a values driven organisation which offer competitive salaries with generous salary packaging benefits, agile and flexible working arrangements, professional development and career opportunities. When you work with Hume, you know that you are contributing to a better tomorrow for thousands of households.
The Manager, Communications supports the development of communication capability across the organisation and is responsible for delivering a communications strategy to lift the profile and visibility of Hume through:
- Creating internal and external communications across all channels
- Working closely with the executive team to deliver key messaging
- Managing media relations and social media
- Establishing communications frameworks and processes
- Stakeholder management including members of parliament and government officials
You have significant experience in communications management and have been responsible for overarching narrative development and design for an organisation. You are committed to the ethos of social and affordable housing and can demonstrate the following:
- Ability to raise the public awareness through creative communication campaigns
- Experience developing multiple social media channels
- The ability to foster relationships and networks with stakeholders at all levels
- Exceptional influencing, relationship and people management skills
- The successful candidate may be required to undertake police or other background checks.
Support the strategic reputation building and branding as a leader in community housing and positive social impact sector. Please click apply to submit your resume and cover letter addressing your motivations and skills required in MS Word format.. For more information contact Lisa Morell on 02 8243 0570, quoting reference #34068.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.