|Organisation Name||Centre for Excellence in Child & Family Welfare|
|Date Posted||June 19, 2018|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
|Residency||You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role.|
- Working for the peak body in the family and child welfare sector
- Proactively pursuing new business opportunities
- Work with the Executive and Board to developing L&D strategy
The Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare (the Centre) is the peak body for child and family services in Victoria with over 150 organisations, students and individuals as members. The Centre provides public policy and program advice, delivering sector training, facilitating and publishing research. The Centre also advocates for positive reform and works with member agencies to make sure children and families have access to the services and support they need.
The Centre also provides consultancy services for the child and family services sector, which include developing frameworks, writing research-informed practice manuals, developing tools and resources, designing and delivering targeted training.
The Centre runs regular forums across a range of policy and practice areas to capture the views of child and family services organisations and their clients and manage various projects designed to improve practice in the sector.
Benefits & Culture
- Generous salary packaging provisions
- Professional development, ongoing training, mentoring by industry leaders
- CBD location, close to public transport
In this role you will provide leadership, oversight and advice on the direction, content and standards across The Centre’s training and education programs whilst pursuing new business opportunities and deepening existing relationships and opportunities within the member base.
This L&D role will provide direction and strategy in consultation with the board and executive team to the growth and ongoing improvement of the learning and development offering for The Centre’s members and the sector.
You will drive continuous improvement in educational materials, program content and course structure through engagement with member organisations, government and sector influencers. You will lead a team of four education professionals who coordinate the delivery of quality education programs to members and sector organisations.
You will be passionate about learning and development and identifying new business in line with set vision and strategic goals within the education sector. You will be experienced with contemporary learning methods and be able to assist in the transition towards increasingly blended learning modes and innovative delivery of diverse programs.
You will also have experience with and understand the importance of stakeholder engagement, governance, quality assurance and have the ability to build networks. You will be comfortable with coaching and mentoring skilled training and education professionals.
To be considered for this opportunity please respond to the following selection criteria:
- Experience in developing new business opportunities and marketing strategies
- Experience within the education or academic sector including knowledge of teaching, learning and assessment
- The ability to influence and engage a diverse group of stakeholders
- Experience in team management, engagement promoting a values driven attitude
- Experience in successfully leading people to achieved shared goals
- A visionary approach and a willingness to lead innovation across training and education policy
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative, autonomy, problem solving and sound judgement
- Very organised approach to management of work tasks and effective time management
If you would like to use your learning and development skills and experience to contribute to providing equitable services across the family and children’s sector, please forward your application in MS Word format including your resume, a covering letter and responses to the selection criteria, quoting reference #34346 or contact Anna Skeels on (03) 8319 4070. Please note that there is no formal closing date for this role. Early applications are encouraged and suitable candidates may be shortlisted for interview as applications are received.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.