|Organisation Name||Project Youth|
|Date Posted||October 8, 2018|
- Manage the day-to-day operations of properties & projects
- Middle management position
- Three sites across Sutherland Shire and St George
Project Youth is a leading organisation providing integrated housing, outreach, employment, education and training services to young vulnerable people in the Sutherland Shire and St George regions of Sydney.
Project Youth supports young people experiencing unemployment, homelessness, domestic violence and/or alcohol and drug issues. The organisation is widely recognised for the unique support they offer which promotes inclusion, builds resilience and creates opportunities out of disadvantage towards a secure future.
The Project Youth housing program supports young people who are homeless or are at risk of homelessness and provides a range of accommodation services for people aged between 14-24 with transitional services, supported living and long term accommodation.
Benefits & Culture
- A youth service with a youthful attitude
- Salary sacrifice available
- Flexible hours with occasional evenings and weekends
- Supportive, energetic and innovative team
Based in Miranda, you will manage and oversee the accommodation and housing support project. This includes residential and non-residential case management, living skills program, transitional and independent accommodation and court support program. You will also identify service delivery gaps within the homelessness sector and develop strategies to fill these gaps.
Working closely with service coordinators and clinical specialists, you will support staff and clients on the delivery of person-centred principles ensuring a best practice approach. This includes:
- Leading a team towards strategic and operational goals
- Develop and oversee the implementation of operations including vacancies and transition
- Budget preparation and monitoring financial systems
- Liaising with external service providers and community partnerships
The role is initially offered on a 12 month contract basis.
Ideally you have leadership experience in residential care and or homelessness for youth or adults with complex health care needs and experience in:
- Delivery of a therapeutic model of care on a day-to-day basis
- Staff management, leadership and mentoring
- Financial management
- An understanding of government funding requirements
Compliance checking will include Police Clearance and Working with Children (WWCC).
If you want to lead a dedicated team assisting young people please click apply to submit your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required above in MS Word format. To discuss the role in more detail please call Lisa Morell on 02 8243 0570 quoting reference number # 34594.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.