|Organisation Name||The Butterfly Foundation|
|Date Posted||October 4, 2018|
- Bring about change for the one million Australians living with an eating disorder
- Devise and lead strategy, set the agenda for organisation and sector
- Suit candidates from a broad range of NFP’s to like-minded corporates
As a leading national voice, The Butterfly Foundation represents people living with eating disorders and negative body image and their family and friends. Left unaddressed, the medical, psychological, physical and social consequences can be long term and for many life threatening.
Butterfly advocates for improved services from both government and independent sources whilst raising public awareness in the media and via community debate. The Foundation also operates the National Eating Disorders Support Helpline, a range of programs for service providers and recovery groups and education programs via schools and workplaces. On top of all that Butterfly also has an institute that engages with academic research projects.
The Foundation has also just announced funding from the Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt to support the development of Australia’s first residential treatment facility for eating disorders.
Benefits & Culture
- Diverse recognition framework
- Generous salary packaging provisions
- Opportunity to contribute to progressive outcomes
- Passionate and collaborative executive leadership team
This opportunity presents at an exciting time in the organisation’s journey. You will oversee a small team responsible for building and raising the reputation of the Butterfly Foundation through a range of communication and marketing activities, and their community engagement program.
Your focus will be on seeking and creating tangible social impacts with the community, the media, corporate supporters, and external stakeholders. This role is responsible for managing Butterfly’s digital platforms, branding and messaging style for both internal and external communications.
Reporting directly to the CEO and as part of the senior leadership team, this role will:
- Be responsible for development of communications and marketing strategy, including media
- Ensure communication and engagement performance measures are strategically aligned and robust
- Develop a strong policy, advocacy and coordination agenda
- Support the CEO to develop and implement a community engagement and fundraising strategy
You are currently operating at a senior level in a similar role leading external communications and marketing, issues management, developing community engagement and managing corporate relationships. Via your already successful career in other health focused organisations, education institutions, leading charities or like-minded corporates you’re able to demonstrate:
- Proven track record in developing and implementing successful campaigns and messaging
- People leadership and knowledge of communications and marketing metrics
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- A deep understanding of the Australian media landscape and highly developed media relations skills
- Tertiary qualifications or higher in communications, journalism, PR, marketing or equivalent
If you are passionate about contributing to improved outcomes for people with eating disorders, then this is the opportunity for you. Please click apply to submit your cover letter and resume in MS Word format responding to the skills required above. Alternatively, call Lisa Morell on 02 8243 0570 to discuss your interest quoting #34540.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.