|Date Posted||September 26, 2018|
- Pivotal strategic role with executive oversight of quality service delivery
- Unique organisation connecting social justice mission with altruistic professionals
- Inspiring CEO, supportive Board, exciting strategic direction
Samaritans is a highly regarded Newcastle based social justice organisation that is truly unique in its reach and impact. With a long-standing reputation for assisting thousands of people in need, Samaritans is synonymous with its stated core values of compassion, integrity and justice.
The Samaritans service offering is broad and places the people supported at the forefront. The diverse range of services span youth, community, children, family, disability, post release and mental health. With over 800 staff and 450 volunteers, Samaritans has an engaged workforce focused on inclusivity and person-centred outcomes. Samaritans is an agency of the Anglican Diocese of Newcastle.
Benefits & Culture
- Opportunity to contribute to progressive social outcomes
- Passionate, empathetic and collaborative executive leadership team
- Supportive Board, focused on quality outcomes
- Strong advocacy focus
- Diverse recognition framework
- Professional development culture
- Generous salary packaging provisions
This opportunity presents at an exciting time in the organisation’s journey. Having experienced significant growth in recent years there is now considerable focus on consolidating organisational structure and systems. Led by an incredibly engaged and forward-thinking CEO this is a unique opportunity to work with like-minded professionals and lead the way in innovative service delivery.
Reporting directly to the CEO this executive leadership role will:
- Provide vision, leadership and governance of the organisational service strategy
- Join a collaborative executive team entrusted to deliver on the organisations mission, vision and values
- Promote a culture of service excellence and innovation while maintaining a focus on relevant outcomes for the people supported
- Lead a committed senior management team comprising highly motivated professionals with diverse and complementary skillsets
- Commit to a culture of evidence informed best practice, strong risk management and continuous improvement
- Continue a well-established advocacy tradition and connect with stakeholders and funders to further build social capacity
You may have a background in community, health, other large NGOs or commercially focused organisations where you have been responsible for managing and developing services, motivating and developing staff, measuring performance and reporting on a significant scale.
Specific skills required include:
- Extensive executive level experience, ideally within a human services organisation, supported by tertiary qualifications of degree level or higher
- An inclusive and engaging leadership style – you will be an empathetic collaborator and strong communicator, motivated by uniting and developing teams
- A deep understanding of the funding and governance landscape, awareness of relevant legislative requirements and contemporary quality frameworks – a background in child protection or NDIS is advantageous
- Strategic relationship management experience - of specific importance will be the ability to build strong and collaborative relationships with a range of government and non-government bodies
- Commercial acumen – an ability to design and deliver innovative service offerings, navigate funding / sustainability challenges and foster intentional business development
If you are passionate about contributing to improved social outcomes, then this is the opportunity for you. This is an outstanding opportunity for a committed, experienced and empathetic leader to join a values-driven organisation and make a difference. Please click apply to submit your resume and covering letter responding to the skills required above. For more information or to discuss your interest, call Lisa Morell or Richard Green on 02 8243 0570, quoting reference #34577.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.