|Organisation Name||University of Melbourne|
|Date Posted||August 9, 2018|
- Join Australia’s top-ranked University as part of a globally recognised Advancement team
- Lead the Advancement Administration team and provide high-level executive assistance to the Vice-Principal (Advancement)
- 12-month contract. An opportunity to raise your profile with the higher education sector.
Established in 1853, the University of Melbourne is a public-spirited institution that makes distinctive contributions to society in research, learning and teaching and engagement. It is consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world, with international rankings of world universities placing it as number 1 in Australia and number 32 in the world.
The Executive Administration Manager is central to the high performance of the Advancement team. The position has substantial influence on the capacity of the Vice-Principal (Advancement) and Senior Advancement Leadership Team to deliver the strategic objectives of the University’s fundraising and alumni engagement campaign, Believe – the Campaign for the University of Melbourne. As part of this thriving and busy team you will have executive, administrative, staff management and operational responsibilities. You will provide exemplary support to the Vice-Principal (Advancement) by ensuring that their calendar is well managed, they are organised, they are informed and that their correspondence is managed to the highest level. You will also support and mentor a small team (3 FTE) who are providing administrative support to several Advancement Directors.
You will have an extensive background supporting senior high calibre executives in a busy environment requiring you to exercise sound judgement, diplomacy, tact and discretion. To be successful in this role you will have;
- Demonstrated experience providing executive administration and secretarial support
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, able to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- High-level organisational skills, able to plan and prioritise your work and the work of others
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills through the delivery of complex documents
- Experience managing a small team, leading and motivating staff also in support roles
- Advanced proficiency in the use of software such as Outlook, Word, Excel and other databases
- Preferably an understanding of higher education issues and knowledge of the tertiary sector
The University employs people of outstanding calibre and offers a unique environment where staff are valued and rewarded. Benefits include flexibility, an excellent remuneration package (9% superannuation) and professional development.
Raise your profile in executive support by joining the Advancement team at Australia’s leading University. Please click apply, submitting your resume and cover letter in MS word format, quoting reference 34467. For more information please contact Emma Adams on (03) 8319 4090.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.