|Organisation Name||Centacare North Queensland|
|Location||Mt Isa, North Queensland|
|Date Posted||August 15, 2018|
- Provide social services to strengthen individuals, families & communities
- Service rural & regional locations across north west Queensland
- Suit experienced candidates from social services with an understanding of rural & remote issues
Centacare North Queensland is a social service agency who believes that everyone has the right to be treated with respect and dignity. They deliver responsive, flexible and inclusive services to the entire community. Centacare’s Mt Isa office services north west Queensland and offers programs including disability, family, youth & children, health & well-being, employment, education & training, homelessness and domestic violence.
Benefits & Culture
- Generous salary packaging provisions including remote allowance
- Five weeks annual leave and annual birthday leave
- Access to internal professional supervision and other training opportunities
- Use of a fleet vehicle for limited private use
- Relocation assistance provided for the right candidate
Reporting to the Executive Director for North Queensland, you will be responsible for working as part of a unified senior leadership team to achieve the Centacare NQ strategic plan. The role will require some travel including overnight stays every couple of months. You will be responsible for managing contracts for various programs under the rural & remote services offering, including, but not limited to crisis housing, mental health and outback services. You will also be required to build the reputation and profile of Centacare NQ within the social services profession, managing the Centacare NQ operations and providing consistent, high level advice to the Executive Director on operations, policy and planning.
You will be an experienced leader in social services, with an understanding of rural and remote issues. You will need skills in financial and resource management, leadership and line management, reporting and governance. To be successful in this role, you will also need proven experience in high level strategic planning, policy development & analysis, and the ability to lead in complex environments. You will also require:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology or related social sciences field
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, verbal and written and communication skills
- Possession of/ability to acquire a Positive Notice for Child Related Employment (Blue Card and a yellow card exemption) from the Public Safety Business Agency (PSBA)
- Possession of an unencumbered ‘C’ class driver’s license (Qld equivalent)
- Ability to undertake overnight travel to rural and remote locations within north west Queensland
If you believe in dignity and respect for all in the community, then this is the opportunity for you. To apply, please send your resume and covering letter responding to the skills required above to email@example.com, quoting reference #34470. For more information or to discuss your interest, please contact Lisa Morell on 02 8243 0570.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.