|Organisation Name||GI Cancer Institute|
|Date Posted||May 24, 2018|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
|Residency||You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role.|
- Save 33 Australians a day by fundraising for research into digestive cancers
- Manage the renewal, retention & acquisition of generous individual donors
- DM candidates with commercial experiences encouraged to apply
The GI Cancer Institute is dedicated to improving the health and quality of life of patients with Gastro-Intestinal (GI) cancer by developing and conducting impartial and collaborative multi-disciplinary clinical trials which include health professionals, patients and consumers.
The GI Cancer Institute raises funds and awareness of GI cancer and clinical trials, to develop and deliver rigorous best practice clinical trials for Gastro-Intestinal cancer patients.
The GI Cancer Institute’s membership encompasses a wide range of medical specialists, scientists, nurses, allied health professionals and consumers involved in all aspects of GI cancer research.
This role is located in a state of the art building close to public transport, cafes and the University of Sydney Campus. It is part of an intelligent, enthusiastic, energetic, cooperative and innovative team who are committed to the success of fundraising activities. The team has members of all ages from their twenties to their sixties. This diversity works successfully providing a breadth of ideas. The organisation provides
- Tax effective salary packaging provisions
- Potential for flexible working conditions
- Career progression within the team
- A world class fundraising database
- Accessibility to management and quick decision-making
In this role you will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing the renewal, retention, and acquisition strategies for one‐off and regular givers. The focus is on direct marketing mail campaigns as well as digital to grow revenue to over $1 million and build the support base. There are four appeals to existing donors and two - three acquisition appeals per year. The donors are currently on an eTapestry database, transitioning soon to Raiser’s Edge NXT. Specific responsibilities include:
- Partnering with a direct mail agency to create compelling direct mail campaign material
- Working with colleagues to develop a donor journey and convert donors to regular givers
- Working with the team to create new collateral for donors to improve retention
- Implement a new phone appeal campaign in 2019
- Compliance with policy and procedures to ensure data integrity & accountability standards
The ideal candidate has direct mail/direct marketing and online marketing experience developed from either the commercial or NFP sectors. You will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience developing, testing and implementing effective direct marketing campaigns
- Knowledge of online and print marketing & content, print production & design management
- Experience with partner and stakeholder management
- Successful delivery of all aspects of direct marketing including reporting on outcomes.
- The ability to manage budgets and project expenditure to deliver organisational outcomes
- Experience with CRM databases, social networking & above average skills in Microsoft Office
Please click apply, submitting your resume and covering letter responding to the skills required above in MS Word format, quoting reference #33946. For more information or to discuss your interest, please call Ruth Connelly on 02 8243 0570.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.